Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 August 2006
This book fits nicely into a pocket, which is handy because you'll be wanting to take it everywhere with you.

This phrase book contains pre-assembled sentances and words ready to use, all organised in the most logical and useful manner I've ever seen. Pronunciation is shown next to every word or sentance.

The book is colour coded for quick reference, and includes a useful dictionary in the back.

This phrase book saved me from many embarrassing moments in Spain.
on 29 September 2008
This is the best phrase book to take to Spain if you can't speak a word of Spanish. All the basic phrases are there; it's easy to use and fits into a pocket or bag without being bulky. Pronounciation of Spanish words are very clear. Thoroughly recommended.
on 14 March 2014
The reviews here make no distinction between the physical book and kindle version. It's pretty much useless on the Kindle as they haven't even bothered to link the contents page to the contents being referenced so you spend a lot of time swiping forwards and backwards. It smacks of laziness on the publishers part.
This is a clear and easy to use phrase book. The way it is laid out (with colour coded pages) makes it extremely easy to find relevant phrases when you really need them, without too much flicking through the pages. It's size makes it perfect to slip into your pocket and the mini dictionary in the back is also extremely useful. Most phrase books tend to be much the same and have the same phrases within, but the size and layout of this one makes it stand out enough from the rest to warrant a closer look. You can usually find it for a great price on amazon as well.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 2 July 2012
This is an excellent dictionary and phrase book, having an alphabetical list of words to search and providing key phrases that would be useful in various situations eg. buying a train ticket or ordering in a restaurant. On top of that you have the all-important pronunciation guide which will make sure you are understood. Allows you to make an effort to speak the language when you visit Spain.
on 15 June 2014
I have a number of these in different languages, but this one is well thought out and logical with a good English/Spanish and Spanish/English section at the rear. There are so many min-sections (changing money, menus, ordering drinks, hiring cars, trains etc) that I would suggest you buy it well in advance to make good use of it. I didn't order it until too late - it arrived the day before we left! - it would have helped me increase my limited knowledge of Spanish, but wait till my next holiday!
on 29 July 2010
A useful little phrase book for holidays to help get the point across. As with many of these things, you're being given a much more formal phrase than the situation probably demands. Phonetic pronunciation is helpful for those who may not be aware of fact 'v' sounds 'b', for example.
on 19 July 2010
The best spanish book I have. Small enough to fit in your pocket or bag but packed full of useful information. It has the English then the spanish in writing then how you pronounce it clearly.
I even had to buy a second one when my friend's Step Dad (who lives in Spain) took a liking to my first one! (as you can imagine he's had many spainish books before!)
on 27 December 2013
I'd already got the French & German books and, whilst I'm battling my way through those, I haven't really had much chance to look at this one. If it's the same as the French & German books (which it should be logically) then it'll be good, although I have noticed some particularly loose translations in the French book which can be slightly confusing. I know it's often impossible to translate 'word-for-word' from one language to another and you shouldn't try to do that but it is slightly confusing and galling when one word or phrase which specifically means a certain word or phrase is used to mean a similar albeit completely different word or phrase. Still I like the format and it compliments my other language learning materials well.
on 19 February 2010
Has everything you need to use on holiday or for general use when learning to speak spanish. Great book and even tells you how to pronounce the words.