Customer reviews

on 1 September 2009
This is my favourite cookbook of all time!! We've made at least two thirds of the recipes in here, and they're all fantastic. Jo Pratt is amazing. It's such a great reference (good-housekeeping-like!) for all the classics, many of which are offered with a sophisticated twist. The sweet and sour chicken in here comes out like what you always imagined sweet and sour chicken could be but never quite achieved. Perfect beer batter for your cod. Stir fries gallore. Great Lamb Rogan Josh--the list goes on and on!! Quite a few veggie options (if that's your bag) and veggie variations on some of the staples, too. (Including an absolutely superb take on bolognese.) I cannot recommend this highly enough.
on 12 October 2009
Bought this after finding it in local library and realised it was full of solid recipes that I always wanted - Christmas recipes in particular.
on 12 February 2013
It is extremely well written. Unlike many popular cheffy books in which you find a bare bones recipe along with a glossy picture, Jo' Pratt's recipes are often innovative. Also due to the diligent efforts of Christine Hall and James Haynes it is packed with variations on the main themes and abounds with a multitude of relevant tips. I am an accomplished cook but found lots to stimulate my interest. Well recommended!
on 14 May 2015
Fantastic recipes
on 7 May 2015
I bought the book because a couple of Jo's recipes I saw in the newspapers have been great, but didn't find that many I wanted to try in this book.
on 13 November 2012
I bought this book because of Jo Pratt, her other 2 books are excellent. This one must have followed a TV programme, and I am sorry but I didn't really enjoy it as I have done with her other books.