on 1 May 2015
You'll never see the Tube in the same light. Fantastic parallel world of London Below. There were some laugh out loud moments too. Thoroughly recommend. Am going to try and find the DVD to see how it compares, although this particular text is the author's preferred version.
on 18 April 2012
I did't expect to enjoy this story as much as I did. The characters are richly written, the locations and environment, a real treat for those who would like to imagine there is more to London than just her tourists! great book, give it the first 10 mins, you'll be hooked.
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2014
My first Gaiman book and it won't be the last. Very impressed not only with the new fantasy world of London below, but also the characters. Twists and turns along the way and some great humor. I almost fell out of bed when I read the "afraid not" joke. Loved it.
on 13 April 2014
Great human - and some not-so-human - characters that draw you in to an utterly intact underworld. Gaiman's love of mythology provides the palette for this weirdly Albionesque inversion of a London. These pages are dark alleys that deserve a National Heritage signpost.
on 18 April 2013
All the familiar Gaiman elements are here - characters who are cyphers as opposed to people, the alternative universe in parallel with our world and how they interface - reminds me a lot of American Gods which is very similar. Best read story I have heard for a while.
on 16 January 2014
I remember seeing the tv series many years ago so I was full of anticipation when I downloaded this revised and improved version. I was not disappointed. It is an absorbing and entrancing adult fairy tale which can be enjoyed on many levels (see what I did there lol).
on 24 May 2015
The characters, story and setting have been etched on that fine line between unbelievable reality and believable fiction in an outrageous and page-turning adventure through Neverwhere. A real triumph and incorporation of London streets and stations, truly great read.
on 25 December 2016
At first Neverwhere was too dark and violent for my taste. Then I learnt to care about Door and Richard. Their lives were hard and dangerous, but they had purpose which brought out courage and ingenuity in them. Richard's former existence seems insipid by comparison.
on 8 March 2015
Never realised that I'd like Neil Gaiman's books until I picked up Stardust as a "blind date" in a promotion at my library. I enjoyed Stardust, and have enjoyed Nevewhere too - it being my first ever Kindle purchase. It's a genre that I'll be exploring some more...
on 9 July 2012
I've read Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere" twice now (and it quickly went to the coveted #1 book of all time spot in my list), but then I discovered this version and already I'm seeing that I've missed out. Loving it this third time through, almost as if it's new to me.