Customer reviews

on 7 July 2009
I have recently purchased a second copy of this book as my original one was lent out and never returned. It has great recipies in it and they all work well. I can recommend this book for anyone looking to cook something a little different.

Carol
on 8 February 2013
Well deserved rating. Easy to follow recipes with colour photos.
I'd recommend this to anyone aiming for a healthy lifestyle.
on 16 January 2011
Having always read and enjoyed the books of Sophie's mum, Jane Grigson, cover to cover, I was a bit disappointed with this. Not much that leapt out at me, begging to be made tomorrow. Ok, but not that exciting.
on 14 July 2009
After a lifetime of meeting children and adults who 'don't like spinach ... or courgettes ... or leeks', (the list is almost endless) this book is a serious attempt to change that. Recipes for a variety of vegetables are well thought out and easy to prepare; but most of all they are delicious!
Far too often vegetables are offered 'plain boiled' - no wonder the appetite for them diminishes - try the 'Gratin of Courgettes with potatoes and tomatoes', or the 'Zucchine Scapece' and enjoy vegetables in a whole new way.
on 4 January 2007
This is the best vegetable cookery book I own. I always use it when guests(family or friends that i wish to impress)come for dinner.Without fail the visitors always go away with instructions on how to prepare such wonderful food. The carrot shreds and the creamed leeks are to die for,and the broad bean omelette will tempt anyone. This book is worth its weight in gold.
on 15 October 2001
I bet you never thought that vegetables could be fun, and brocolli a favorite!
This was a gift from a friend, who thought that we would enjoy the recipes. They are so right, it now lives on the side in the kitchen, because we all use it.
My daughter (19) who has never willingly eaten a vegetable in her life before this book entered our house now regularly cooks and uses the book, both for us as a family and also for her friends. Even my godchildren eat vegetabls when they are with us, their mother is amazed, and has now got her own copy. I cannot praise the easy imaginative style and prose to introduce the recipes, plus the ease of direction. Nothing is missed out, Sophie a wonderful book. Thank you
I have had this cookbook for ages, and it contains my all time favourite aubergine stew - made it over and over for years - great recipes
super books