on 20 August 1999
I really do enjoy this book, I have owned it for several years and it is one of my favourites. The recipes are delicious, the table settings are inspiring and not realising I would be doing a review online the reason for searching for availability of this book is as a gift for friends. I was looking for availability of more than 1! At this present time I live in America, I often pick this book up for inspiring UK recipes and to show my friends how beautiful our presentations can be. Of course all the recipes are excellent as well.
on 19 January 2011
I love nosing at cookery books and chums are used to me doing this. This book from one of the original masters contained a recipe that I love but was given on a Course ages ago - I have the provenance now and the original chive sauce (much better) also I loved reading this book, it is evocative of the period - beautifully written and the menu suggestions are nicely done, and there are not too many recipes. Thank Goodness for 2nd Hand book sellers who dont charge the earth.
on 8 October 2007
An easy to follow cookery book with outstanding recipes.
Tovey gives you a countdown to preparation prior to serving your fabulous meal. He is an upmarket Delia Smith who uses simple instructions that are foolproof yet produces a sophisticated product at the dinnertable.
The book is divided into the 4 seasons with produce that is in season.
I eagerly await the arrival of his other books that I've just ordered via the net.