Customer reviews

on 24 April 2018
Good collection of usufel information, Victorian facts, humour and inspiration. The book also has some recipes from the 19th century. I tried two and they were delicious.
on 9 October 2013
THIS is a real delight...I loved the BBC Series many years ago... and every time I pick this book up, I am back to a time, when I could just sit and read all day long if I wanted to...sadly thats not the case today...but this is a book you can put down and when you go back to it, its immediatley back in your mind as to what you read before...nice recipe's to enjoy too
on 16 May 2018
Really interesting.
on 15 June 2009
Bygone days of cooking...or is it...the values of Victorian Cooking and the use of the various kitchen impliments avaiable shows just what can be done and that the mod-cons of kitchen tools do help, but that the old fashioned way of preparing and cooking is just as good...even if time consuming with some ingredients and utensils...
3 people found this helpful
on 23 November 2015
amazing insight into what cooks had at their disposal, all the good wholesome food, not the junk we fill ourselves with today
on 30 December 2013
A fascinating glimpse of kitchen life in the past, in much practical detail. My interest is really in Edwardian times, not Victorian, but since the cook's memories are from the 1930s, no doubt these details cover that period as well.
on 26 April 2016
love books about olden times and how they made things brill book
on 23 March 2017
My wife thought the book was excellant, thank you very much
on 8 April 2016