Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). See all 25 reviews
VINE VOICEon 11 April 2005
This book was (on my part) an eagerly awaited installment in the Merry Gentry series, it did not, alas, meet my expectations. The reasons being that whilst it was heavy on the passion, it was most definitely light on plot development.
This book concentrates at almost tedious length on how Merry's sex life develops not only her own powers but also those of her sexual partners. This is all very well and it must be admitted that it does make entertaining reading, however, I was left feeling cheated as the actual plotline is inching forward in an almost agonising fashion.
In the next book could there be more exposition and less exposure to real and/or metaphysical sex, please? If there is no change an entertaining and different character is in danger of becoming boring which would be a shame.
on 11 March 2014
It just didn't feel like there was enough substance in this one. I still love the series but I'm glad it wasn't the first in the series otherwise I may have been a little bit put off. Still there was plenty of action and a nice bit of kink and romance. There was also a little peek at a vulnerable side of Doyle, which I loved simply because it's Doyle and he is my favourite guard. There is also a bit of strength showing through in Galen. This book definitely needed to be longer. In fact I think it may be listed wrong as I believe it was supposed to be over 500 pages and my Kindle clocked it at less than 400. So I was quite disappointed.
on 22 March 2006
Not having read any of this particular genre before Ms Hamilton's offerings in the Meredith Gentry saga, I was quite intrigued and entertained. Yes, it is a bit slow and repetitive (and purple) in many places but then I didn't pick the first book in this series up for any other reason than that it looked entertaining - and on that score I have not been disappointed. The characters are rather given to taking themselves seriously at times but I suppose it would be difficult to write a story like this and have such fantastical individuals with their tongues firmly in their cheeks (and that's certainly not where they usually are...). It provides a few hours of light reading, nothing offends grammatically, and that's all I was asking of it. I will certainly look out for the next one in the series.
on 28 June 2015
my wife loved this novel