on 2 August 2016
Great read! Not easy, but keep going and it's worth it.
on 21 November 2009
Everything about this book is good, the writing, the pace, the convincing and often fascinating characters and the overall plot. The author said he needed lots of coffee to write it, I needed lots to read it, I could not stop. This book is so immersive, I'm happy he is still writing the conclusion so I can look forward to more sapper action.
on 13 February 2016
Great book difficult to get into but well worth a read
on 18 June 2015
Awesome in scale, do we all have a heart of darkness?
on 10 September 2014
It keep you reading all the time. I really enjoyed it
on 15 January 2014
When the Malazan Books were recommended to me, I had never heard of them before. I'm now on the fourth book and I don't know why these books aren't better known!
There are a lot of characters and a lot of places in this world to keep track of, so I recommend taking your time in reading these books.
on 3 November 2004
Gardens of the Moon is fantastic. Challenging, but immersive and gripping, it is the introduction to one of the greatest fantasy series ever. Sometimes you have to stop to mull it over a while as there is so much happening at once, but persevere and you will be rewarded. Read it now!
on 21 September 2000
Steven Erickson is the best fantasy author from Howard's time ! In my opinion he is a new Frederick Forsyth for Fantasy .Gardens of the Moon is the best book I've ever read. I'm looking forward to next tales from Erickson :)
on 3 December 2013
Had this book as a sample download for ages, finally starting reading it and enjoying the complicated story line. It's not a easy read but one I think worth it as the plots and characters develop. There is not a lot of back story, you have to work to keep track.
on 11 October 2014
Best fantasy football series I've ever read.