on 20 January 2013
For many long years I have been waiting to read this final book. It does not fail. Excellent conclusion to a fantastic series.
on 5 March 1999
I really enjoyed this book. Humor,tragedy, and the return of Derek Sagan and Lady Maigrey... It closes the serie very well !
on 10 January 1999
I was surprised to find another book in the Star of the Guardians series, since King's Sacrifice seemed to wrap things up so well. I agree that this book isn't up to the standard of the previous 3, but I admit that I enjoyed the story a great deal, with the exception of Maigrey's struggles with "radiant beings." Dion's wife is certainly not what I expected, and brings a good twist to Dion's life. The ending is weak, and I especially loathed the Epilogue, which nearly ruined the whole series for me. If you read this book, do yourself a favor and stop reading at the end of chapter twelve.
on 18 November 1998
Hmmm...I don't think much of this. In my opinion, book III wrapped things up quite nicely; this seems more like an afterthought than anything else. It wasn't Weis's greatest work ever, but it was pretty good. This last book seems highly unnecessary to me. And I really thought that bringing back Derek Sagan was not a good idea; the way he ended up after book III was quite appropriate. Death is just so predictable and boring an end for him. You can safely stay away from this.
on 17 August 1998
Stunning! I enjoyed this seies almost too much! Dion's tour and speech to the Academy still send shivers up my spine! A MUST READ!
on 30 June 1998
This is by far one of the finest series I have ever read - and I have read most of them. It is so tragic. I am embarrassed to admit how emotional I became reading this book on a business trip.
on 5 June 1998
Margaret Weis has proven herself to be a master of the fantasy genre with this thrilling conclusion of The Star of The Guardians series! Must Reading!!
on 5 March 1999
on 20 November 1998
We love and miss you Maigrey and Lord Sagan. May the light of your star be your eternal guide!