Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 30 January 2001
I don't enjoy books where the so-called 'Hero' rapes the heroine, and cheats on her repreatedly, before forcing his way back into her life by telling it it was all her fault for being unbiddable and too proud (especially when she actually has no spine what-so-ever), and then she melts into his arms. If you DO enjoy books where the hero acts more like a dispicable villain, and the female lead has as much self-asteem as a whipped puppy, then this will be a good buy for you.
on 10 June 1999
I Hate It! A woman is molested by a powerful man, who goes to bed with several more women before the book is through. There is no semblence of a loving relationship. The heroine is sold into slavery, raped( and it was rape) and abused emotionally by her jerk husband. The book was erotic, but in a bad way. Why on earth would anyone want to read about anyone being treated this way? Garbage. It may be erotica, but it is not romance. Don't be fooled.
on 3 July 1999
This is the worst romance I've ever read, and I've read a lot. The characters are flat and unbelievable, especially the lusty prince, who spends his time only on sex and alcohol, and hardly keeps himself awake. How can this terrible guy at the same time a master of music and other talents? There's absolutely no love between them. And the heroine is no better. She has no self-will, no dignity, not to mention a strong inner character. She's nothing but a pretty doll for men to play around. It'sa total waste of time!
on 14 April 1999
Oh Sasha. I really enjoyed this book, but then I love Ms Johnson's Russian characters. They provide a much needed break from the Dukes of Regency England, the Wild West Cowboys and Indians and futuristic/time-traveling love stories. But this one also provides some really great love scenes between two people who enjoy "making up." The sauna scene is wonderful, the squabble over his nickname "archer" is cute, but I have to admit the purchase of Zena was extremely hot and unique. (I've since read her latest book Touch of Sin which sort of replays this scene in a different light, but this one is the original! And I much prefer it.) Only one thing... Just for once, I'd like to see the "I'm master, let me hear you beg woman..." adjusted. I'd really like to see the heroine be better at playing hard to get that that... Which I guess is why I like the idea of Sasha having to chase after Zena. Warning: This book is NOT for the conservative readers who like to read 200 pages before the first fondle or kiss. This one's hot and fast. I like that so I know I'm keeping it!
on 24 April 1998
Susan Johnson gives the perfect blend of drama, romance, and passion. This book made me laugh and cry even though you may know how it will end. I could not put it down until I was finished. Johnson really writes some of the most erotic love scenes in a truly volatile historical setting in Russia, if you are conservative with loves scenes, read this book it may convert you.
on 9 January 1998
Sasha is so much like his father Nikki. Once again I found my self in Russia with this wonderful couple. To simply put it, my FAVORITE part was the sauna! very romantic, sexy, and even though I knew what was going to happen, my heart jumped and swooned! Oh Susan why can't my man be like Nikki, Sasha, and the Golden Godess Apollo! Once again Susan Thank you! NDW
on 6 March 1999
I was not familiar with Susan Johnson or the Kuzan Family series of Books. I fell in love with this book and the Characters in it. I started it and couldn't put it down til I was finished. I'm going to the Library ASAP to check out the other Books based on The Kuzan family!