VINE VOICEon 11 October 2004
THE STORY:
Tash, Zak and Hoole travel to Dantooine where they find a Rebel base and a Jedi training centre, both of which are strangely inhabited, and Darth Vader is hot on their trail.
WHAT'S GOOD:
Well, it's got Vader in. Also, I liked the way that Whitman actually spends some time expanding on Dantooine and the native Dantari. Fan's who've read 'The Illustrated Star Wars Universe' will know of Dr'uun Unnh and here we meet his clones!
WHAT'S BAD:
The entire idea of the clones didn't sit well with me. Most sci-fi sooner or later introduces clones, but they don't realise that it's a very difficult storyline to pull off. Now, Star Wars is choc full of clones, but the ones in this book and their origins just seemed a bit stupid to me. There's even a Vader clone, which you'd think would be a major event, but is in fact rather uninteresting and disappointing. On the whole, this book is just daft.
on 24 September 2011
I was eagerly anticipating this book, mainly because I was intrigued to see how John Whitman handled the subject of clones (bear in mind that this was written before any of the prequels came out).

Generally I thought it was a good story and does fit quite nicely into the logic of what we see in the newer films. Again, certain aspects were a little far-fetched and the ways in which the characters always seem to escape so easily and conveniently starts to get a bit boring but it was nevertheless a gripping and enjoyable read; certainly the best from this series in some time.
on 2 July 2001
This book is THE best I was hooked by the first chapter. You must by this if you are a fan of star wars books!Amazing!!!!!