Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Worried Blues Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 January 2017
Studying aromatherapy as a mature student, kept seeing this on tutors desk. Don't know why it's not on the reading list as it absolutely should be.
A must for every family along with a medicines encyclopaedia, consult this for feeling low, anxiety, pmt, alcohol, drug and nicotine withdrawal, everything to do with the mind. Consult the medicine one for everything a doctor prescribes to your family.
Beautifully written, easy to follow, well researched.
on 13 May 2014
An absolute must for therapists working with essential oils in a non-clinical capacity.

It is very well written, thorough in content and extremely useful for my practice. I have attended lectures (given by a PhD in neuroscience) on the ability of positive thought to actually alter neural pathways for the better and odours are particularly useful in aiding this process.

A gentle massage routine using a delicate blend of oils, soft music and a relaxation routine at the end can have amazingly beneficial results.

Thank you for your research and work Ms Wormwood, I am indebted.
on 3 July 2017
Old-school writing that could express more with less words. A large part is theory repeated. The useful information could be presented in a better way. To give the author credit for her thorough work and research, I must say that this book has been written a couple of decades ago and it was good at that time. Now the writing and context of wellbeing books has been changed, so it should be adapted to fit modern standards.
on 1 May 2016
This book offers a profound and detailed insight into a myriad of aspects of the many essential oils, their benefits, and how they affect our brain chemistry. A definite reference book for oil consultants, aromatherapists or anyone seeking full understanding and knowledge on this subject.
on 6 March 2017
A great book. A mine of information.
on 23 May 2017
Good!
on 13 February 2015
I bought a second hand copy for only 1p + postage so that alone made it a great deal so I ordered copies for a few friends too.
This was recommended to me by an aromatherapist as I am studying complementary therapies - as are my friends - and we all love this book. Now several members of our group are also using it. The copies were a little dusty as if they had been in storage for a while but this means they have a lovely smell and feel of old books and are otherwise in perfect condition.
This book is full of recipes covering a huge amount of conditions and illnesses so a few could be tried and favourites chosen to use.
The dosages are slightly higher than those we are taught to use but I guess this comes with experience and is not a fault of the book as ideas change.
I would really recommend it - especially if you can get it so cheap too so there is nothing lost by trying it out.
on 17 April 2009
I have done a review on 'The Fragrant Pharmacy' and this book follows along the same lines but is not about the physical but the mental. There is so much stress in our everyday lives and this book helps. I'm glad I bought the 2 books together as they go hand in hand and I generally flick between the two.
on 4 June 2015
An excellent movie shown from a child's perspective. Well photographed with a simple feel good storyline. This film transports you back to 1971 and serves as a superb documentary of that period. Brilliant acting coupled with the Bee Gees supporting the music score. A much overlooked film as recommended by Steve Allen the LBC radio presenter who stated it was one of his favourite feel good films. Give it a try!
on 25 June 2004
I love this book! I bought it as I wanted to try and use aromatherapy to boost my eldest son's morale and make him feel better about himself (he's dyslexic and has a lot of down days at school). This book was much better than I expected. It's well written; the author really knows her subject and must have spent many years researching it. It's simple to understand and easy to follow the recipes given.
The author has also written The Fragrant Pharmacy which is about using the oils for medicinal purposes. This is also a great book and I can't recommend the pair of books any higher!
I'm looking forward to buying more essential oils so I can have fun mixing them with the aid of these two books!