on 11 March 2017
Great book. It is like having career coaching sessions.
on 20 June 2011
I thought this would be another 'learn what you need to know about working for yourself hum-drum book.' I hoped this would be a 'new ideas, new perspective, do REAL things to succeed at being self-employed.' Was I in for a shock!

This is a book that takes the reader, one step at a time, toward pursuing being JOYFULLY jobless! It is FABULOUS! There are so many well-written and thought out concepts to expand what someone who may have attempted or even considered self-employment to consider.

Barbara Winter delivers an excellent primer to hope, possibility and REAL ways to explore self-bossing! THANK YOU very much!
on 26 March 2013
This was a great read for the down-at-heel, stressed or just plain-bored workers amongst us who dream of breaking free one day from the rat-race & earning a living from doing what we love. The book offers good advice & ideas as to how one would set about becoming joyfully jobless....great concept, if you know what it is you want to do!! For those already wise as to their passion in life, this book may just give you that final push towards telling your boss where to stuff his job & taking that leap of faith towards creating a more enjoyable, successful & freer lifestyle.
on 18 December 2010
This is the second time I have read this book and enjoyed it even more than my first time. It is very readable, practical, filled with real-life anecdotes, enjoyable and makes one realise that dreams are possible to achieve indeed. It has added more fuel to my dreams and I will certainly be dipping into it again and again for my own good.
on 1 March 2014
I found winning ways an easy to read book. The author shares from the heart , her experience of being self employed for over 3 decades
If you are looking for inspiration and the how to to start your own small business ...this is the book you need
I will definitely recommend this book to all who have a dream to fulfill their dreams
on 25 November 2013
I loved this book and still use some of the great advice. my favourite is the £100 hour! It also has lots of great real life examples.
on 22 January 2013
Really good practical advice, love it, will keep this as a reference on my journey to making a living without a job
on 30 January 2012
Feeling very motivated with only 20 pages left to go. It's like a friendly helping hand giving you encouragement, guidance, confidence and unlike other similar books, Barbara gives plenty of useful examples of how you can think outside the box and make your situation work for you.

Thoroughly recommend. There's also a newsletter if you want to subscribe to that too!
on 23 June 2016
Fab! I waited a few years to buy this, for some reason. Very inspirational, really got me believing I can do this too. Made me think why haven't I started this sooner?? I would recommend to read this before going on to read more practical how to books, such as Be A Free Range Human.
on 25 May 2015
This is a great book!!!
I was looking for some answers about how making a living with a job.
Basically, you will found ideas in this book to help you be your own boss. I have found all my answers in this book, so I truly recommend to read this book. I am ready to start a new adventure on my own.