Customer reviews

on 12 September 2017
excellent programme of exercises covering a wide range of age groups and conditions. have seen positive benefits within a couple of weeks.
on 28 March 2015
I thought this would be similar to the author's earlier book, Pain Free, but with specific emphasis for women. It isn't a book for women in pain - the author refers the reader to Pain Free for that! It is more an exercise program for various stages of life and the only thing that is specific to women is the pregnancy exercises section. It does contain useful information, especially about the importance of allowing babies and children to play freely, without shoes and without so-called 'aids', like baby bouncers and all-supporting carriers, so that the musculoskeletal system develops correctly. At the over-50's section I got the impression that the author thought you were past it and there was little hope of regaining full function. The first exercise is 'standing up against a wall'. That's it. I'm over 50 and felt quite insulted by that. Perhaps I'm not typical.

Anyway, I gave it 2 stars because it didn't help me. Pain Free and Pain Free Living did. I recommend those rather than this one.
on 18 February 2011
This is a comprehensive book which deals with all aspects of feminine health during specific periods of development as well as all the general health issues common to all. As an older woman many of the chapters no longer apply and I plan to give this book to my daughter, I have also purchased another book by the same author which deals with the chronic conditions that I suffer from.
on 24 October 2013
If people would read this and become more aware of their own bodies and how it works the incidence of ' arthritis' would be cut by 99.9%.
on 14 April 2014
I bought this for my wife and she has found it really useful. The exercises do seem to have worked for her.
on 14 November 2014
Well written.. inspiring.. interesting.. technically sound but simple to understand. Enjoying it very much!
on 11 March 2009
I first got this book out of the library, it was so useful i decided to buy it!
on 22 February 2015