on 3 August 2017
Really in depth, highly recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about the spirituality and the Astra planes, can't put it down
on 6 March 2017
Packed full of wisdom, love it.
on 18 July 2017
Fantastic book
on 23 June 2016
Fabulous book recommended for the whole of society and the schools curriculum!
on 11 August 2017
Excellent book
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 June 1998
I liked this book a lot. It describes many different characteristics of the human aura. What's more important, it describes how it reflects your state of health in it; be it wellness or sickness, physical or otherwise. It also describes the techniques that professional healers use in order to heal the patients. The author also positions the healer as a complement (not as an opposite) to the physician. If you asked me what I did not like in the book, I'd just have to say nothing. The author has written another excellent book, "Light Emerging". Although it can be read alone, I'd suggest reading "Hands of Light" first as that book build on, and extends on the knowledge of her first book on the human aura.
on 19 March 2017
What a super book written by a knowledgable and prestigious scientist. Gives great insight into how our chakras work and I recommend this to all light workers.
on 16 October 2017
I was impressed on how quick my book was delivered. It only took 2 days after ordering it.
I'm learning contact healing to work both with humans and animals and just by quickly looking through this book, I know it'll be a great help.
Really looking forward to reading it and practicing what I've learnt from this book.
on 15 January 2001
What I liked about this book is the unapologetic manner in which Ms Brennan - who was trained as a scientist - simply describes how she views (and sees) the human energy field (HEF) or aura. She lays out in precise detail the 'geography' of the HEF, and makes it real for those of us who are on the lower slopes of the steep climb up the mountain of knowledge about health, healing and bio-energy.
The book has lots of lovely illustrations, too!
0Comment| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 July 2008
This book is a useful guide to the basics of energy healing - talking about the human energy field, auras, chakras, the causes of illness, etc, and doing so in a clear, easy to understand way.

When it gets to the energy work, and in particular, the act of healing and seeing, it seems to imply that there is only one way of doing it. But the visions that we each of us see when we heal are different, depending on the individual and the sorts of symbols that have meaning for each one. Indeed, some healers don't see anything at all, but work entirely from intuitive feeling, for example.

My feeling on this book is that it is a useful resource, but that we each need to trust the information and intuitions that we receive ourselves, in order to open up our own higher perceptions. If you find yourself judging your own perceptions as not being "as good as" the author's, just relax and don't worry. They are as good. They're just yours.

I have come across a number of healers who feel they aren't "doing it right" after reading this book, when in fact, they're doing just fine. This is not the fault of the author - it has more to do with the tendency of healers to worry about their own progress and compare it to others.

So, my recommendation is this: read the book. It's full of good information. Then keep the information you can readily assimilate in your own work, and don't worry too much about the other stuff. If you need it, you'll encounter it again.
11 Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse