Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 16 July 1997
Using an invitation into his study, Mr. Mandino answers who he is, not just what he writes about. When you begin your literary "Og" journey with books such as THE GREATEST SALESMAN and THE GREATEST SECRET, it's easy to think that only sales professionals will glean the most from a Mandino book. Not so, this one! A BETTER WAY TO LIVE is exactly that - a better way to live. Here Mr. Mandino is generous enough to provide 17 Rules to Live By. Not only are they terrific suggestions, they make wonderful marquee screen savers! Thanks, Og. You brought me out of a depression!
on 10 December 2000
Although this book takes several chapters to realy get going, once there it offers clear and simple advice in an easy to understand and easy to apply format. Whether you have read many of Og's books or you are considering this as your first you will enjoy the journey he takes you on and come back to these pages again and again.
on 26 February 2013
Great life lessons inspiring to do something great with your own life. Highly recommended for those tired and dissappointed with their life - it is never too late to bring amazing changes into your life!
on 30 December 1997
When Og Mandino writes a book it is a "10" everytime. A Better Way To Live, motivated, blessed and inspired my entire staff. I actually see daily smiling faces and gentle reminders of the "Rules for a Better Life"!!! It is a must read for every business person.
on 26 June 1998
The most inspiring, nonreligious book on the face of the earth, a book that all who taste will savor for a lifetime. I laughed and cried in the same paragraph all the way through......great!
on 9 June 2013
I have read this book before i downloaded on to my kindle, it is the most exciting piece of energy that i get when read the words.
It has taught me to make my life fuller and happier 'a better way to live'.
I am sure if you read it you will fill something inside. (positive energy).
Cheche
on 30 July 1997
I began reading with some skepticism...after all, what could Og Mandino have possibly written that was fresh and new? Well, I was pleasantly surprised...this was not trite or overdone. It was, as others have already mentioned, basic common sense. However, these are things EVERYBODY can do TODAY to start having a better life!
on 13 July 1997
What can I say about this book? I read The Choice first, which is why this caught my eye. Since then I have written my own book on dealing with life in a more positive manner, for myself and not yet anyone else, and recommended this book to everyone I know. To me, the book was a common sense thing, it was what I was already thinking...I think I just needed to find out I wasn't the only one who thought that way, before it could actually. A Better Way To Live turned my life around and I am for indebted to Mr.Mandino for saving me.
on 7 April 2010
I previously read The Greatest Salemsman in the World and this book was fantastic! However A Better Way to Live is a slow read and the beginning was pretty boring as he trys to describe his place where he writes. Some of the principles are useful but if you have studied self-help books you will find similar information available. I would not read this book again and would not recomend it to others.
on 16 October 2009
Og is an inspiration to all who are lucky enough to read any of his books, view his inspirational talks, etc. He invites you into his world with such enthusiasm that you can't help but sit down and spend a little time with him.