Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 8 July 1999
I got a my copy in 1985... the same day i got my first deck. It is a perfect guide for beginners as well as an excellent convenient reference for more experienced readers of tarot cards. I've seen many books aimed at those new to tarot, none are as complete and most are confusing to novices. This book clearly and concisely explains the divinatory meanings of the cards as well as the symbolism behind each one. Its illustrations are of the popular and easily accessible Rider-Waite deck, but it can be used with most standard decks. Gray also provides information on some systems of thought that can illuminate the tarot experience. This book's low price is a big bonus. One wishing to dabble in tarot can easily afford this excellent guide. One who is experienced can easily afford to add this to a reference set.
on 3 November 2014
I cannot comment on the content as I am struggling to get past the horrendous printing quality to actually read the text - very very poor printing, half smudged, tiny badly presented font, cheapest possible paper and pages are not even properly filled up making it look somewhat unprofressional. Someone called this a cheap book? At 5quid I would have expected a much more decent quality. Very disappointed
on 20 June 1998
I like this book. Its well worth the cheap price. It starts out with an introduction. Then, there are two pages for every card in the deck. On page that describes the card and its meaning, an a picture of the card on the opposite page. That is for the bigs ones. Then it has a page for every other card. There is stuff of how to read. There is stuff on horoscope signs and numerology. There is a glossary of symbolic terms. The tarot defined, History of the tarot, The major & minor Arcanas How to read the cards, The tarot and meditation Systems of occult though that illuminate the tarot: the tarot and numerology, the tarot and the kabalah, the tarot and astrology Its about 250 pages, semi-small print. I use this book all the time. And it is light so you can bring it with you places.
on 11 July 1998
I first bought a copy of this book back in 1989, and I've had one ever since. This is the book I learned to read the cards with. For a beginner this is a very detailed, and, as the title says, complete guide to reading Tarot cards. The book uses the Rider-Waite deck for illustations, but one can use the meanings and methods of readings with any deck of Tarot cards. If you want to learn, this is an excellent guide. If you already do read the cards, and you don't have this book, pick it up, because either way, it is an excellent reference work on Tarot cards.
on 29 August 2013
I've read loads of tarot books and studied it for a long tima and I find Eden Gray's books to be the most straightforward and easy to digest. She somehow makes a very complex subject very simple and also has a pretty good amount of deeper understanding.
Recommended for any Tarot student.
on 25 October 1998
This book is a great choice. Eden Gray takes you through the paths of Tarot with sense. The descriptions of the cards (major and minor arcana) are one of the most accurates. The first two chapters provide all the information you really need about Tarot. This is the book to take everywhere you go. Forget the low price, this book is a First Class choice.
on 12 April 1999
This is a great book to read if one wants to learn a lot about the tarot. With this book, one will not only learn the meaning of each tarot card, but will also learn the suits, the two major deck categories, different spreads, and the history of tarot cards.
on 16 May 2013
This is THE ONLY book to buy.I have my 5th edition because I ouse it since 30 years! Thanks Eden Gray!
on 25 September 2001
I bought this book after reading the reviews, as I was looking for my first tarot book. I must say that, as a beginner, I find it rather confusing. I don't usually find the section on the divinatory meaning of the cards useful. I am sure this book would be more appropriate for experienced tarot readers. The one thing I like is the symbolism of the card detailed (even though the quality of the illustrations doesn't really make it possible to see all the details...)
on 3 January 2015
Gave this to my Mum, it really interested her