Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Anne of Ingleside (A Bantam classic)
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 29 September 2015
I have just read all the "Anne" books again. I enjoyed them as much as ever and this one was a delight!.
on 26 July 2017
Great
on 23 May 2016
Enjoyed it, a good pleasant read especially if you have followed the Anne of Green Gables series.
on 16 April 2016
I got as much pleasure reading this again 55 years later. Brilliant!
on 17 May 2015
A well written book that stands the passage of time. I thoroughly recommend this series.
on 10 February 2015
Another well written book following Anne's life as she enjoys life with her children
on 9 September 2015
This book is the account of Anne, Gilbert, and family after they had moved to Ingleside but when the children were still quite young. Bertha Marilla (Rilla) is born during this book. It is full of incident and poetic imagery in L. M. Montgomery's own style, and on the whole it is a happy book. There are some unhappy experiences, but good comes out of them. We read about young Jem wanting to go to the town to see someone being tattooed! Later on we see his love for dogs - and what comes of it. We read about poetic Walter, spending time with a family who tease him - and how he gets up in the night and walks home! Later on we read about the Ladies Aiders realising, with horror, that Walter has been listening to their conversation! We see Di, making friends with the wrong sort of girls - the girl with false tales of grandeur; the girl who fantasises about being ill-treated and who ends up telling lies about Di (and we see Di's scornful reaction!); We read about Nan's vivid imagination and its consequences - her idea that God wants her to walk round a graveyard at night, and, later, her fantasies about The Lady with the Mysterious Eyes. Then there is the time she thinks she was exchanged for another baby at birth! We read about how Rilla feels about carrying a cake! Then we read about Anne wondering if Gilbert still loves her and how that turns out. Throughout the book we see the children making up names of places and weaving imaginary stories around them, just as Anne did when she was young. And there is much, much, more! This is a great book, full of the fruits of L. M. Montgomery's great imagination.
on 11 August 2002
I just love Anne of Ingleside! Anne is now living in a new house - Ingleside - with six children, and a 'faithful old handmaiden', Susan Baker. Susan is an old maid, and is a little cold to Cornelia Bryant sometimes, who was an old maid because she had been born with a hatred of man-kind, and then married without any trouble at all!

At the beginning Gilbert's 'Aunt Mary Maria' comes to stay and rather upsets life at Ingleside for a while. I quite like her, actually, although she is so horrid to everybody. She's a kill - joy, but interesting, one of L. M. Mongomery's best characters! When she goes though, things go back to normal, happy life.
There are a number of interesting and exciting incidents in the rest of the book, but there wasn't very much on Anne herself. The story focused more on her children, and you can tell Anne is getting a bit old - although she acts as delightfully young and Anne-ish as she ever did, which is good. I'd hate her to change into any ordinary old lady. Actually, I'm not sure how old, the book doesn't say, but I think around 40, or thirty-seven. I wish there had been more on Anne though, because clever and lovable as her children are, none are quite, well, Anne!
Susan Baker, too, makes the book great, she is humourous, without meaning to be. She's so devoted to the Ingleside children - especially Shirley, her 'little brown boy'. Also, one can make her like you and always stick up for you by simply complimenting her on her cooking or asking for a recipe!
Yes, Anne of Ingleside is amazing, and all the other 'Anne books', I really recommend it, it is very enjoyable!
on 28 December 2012
I think this is the last book of the Ann of Green Gables series. I understand she actually wrote nine books and I would love to find the others on eBooks.
This book deals with Ann's growing family, and I did think that it might be rather dull, however I needn't have worried, on the whole it bowls along at great pace, although there are times when it becomes a little repetitive. I was very sad when it came to an end.
on 12 May 2007
This book tells a funny and charming story of a perfect family.Anne's got

6 children and they all have thier own little adventures.From spending the

night with a terrifying and rough family to being told that you're not

actually you, all the adventures are exciting and funny.Anne can understad

all these little things and can help,but she does have some problems of her

own to deal with too.I loved this book greatly and I'm sure that all 9 to

11 year olds would enjoy this book as I have done.