Customer reviews

on 18 March 2008
Jessica is acting like her usual snobby selfish self, she is refusing to ley Robin Wilson in to her 'oh so you have to be perfect' sorority because Robin is fat. Liz is equally determined to get Robin in.

This book especially grates on me as I wish liz would grow a backbone and tell Jess to grow up. Except I would have used stronger language.
on 20 May 2008
Jessica wants to be homecoming queen. She's dying to dance in the spotlight with the shoo-in for king, Bruce Patman.

While Jessica has the popular vote locked up, she learns that other people are rooting for Enid, her sister's best friend.

But Enid has a dark secret that she shares with Liz.

Jessica will do anything to win, but will she take down her sister's best friend and make life miserable for her sister in the process?

The second book in the SWEET VALLEY HIGH series takes drama to a new level that readers will eat up.

Reviewed by: Jennifer Rummel
on 2 June 2015
This book sends out terrible messages to preteen girls. From the misogynistic and vile "Robin has us throbbin`" football team slogan to the patronising attitude of Elizabeth towards Robin`s size and Jessica`s downright evil sociopathic cruelty to towards anyone deemed too fat or too uncool to be part of her exclusive gang. What happens a few books later in the series with Robin`s anorexia doesn't surprise me
on 15 June 2015
Bought for 11yr old 'bookworm' god daughters birthday. I read them as a child (many years ago!) and thought she would like them! She did..... She has a lot to get through now! :)
on 30 January 2015
I bought this book for my daughter as I read them all myself as a teenager. So far she is loving them just as much!
on 7 October 2000
'Secrets' is a very good book.It is very exciting.I feel sorry for Enid as Jessica frames her against Enid's boyfriend. Making the boyfriend jealous. I like the end when Jessica's plan went all wrong. Still, it was her fault. You will know what I mean when you read this book! You must read this book as it's whey up the chart. Still, if you want to read a longer book than read another one. As this is just right for me but maybe too short for some.