Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now

on 1 February 2005
As the caption here says, you need to have a good understanding of physics and the abstract to fully understand and appreciate this book. DC is an excellent writer, he 'talks' to the reader. Problem is - as with any discussion - if it's outside your realm of knowledge, you might feel a bit lost. Even with reading many paragraphs twice, sometimes three times, I struggled. On the other hand, if you are scientifically inclined, or even have a wish to know more - about practically everything, but in particular how the human body works - down to receptors on cell walls..then give it a go. The only thing which really annoyed me was the 'tease' factor here. By that I mean DC mentions three techniques to healing - meditation, bliss (a form of total awareness) and primordial tones. OK, meditation I can figure out, but how on earth does one actually practice bliss and primordial therapy? That's the one point in the book where the reader is let down. Unless of course it's intended to whet the appetite and interest further reading (ergo purchases). A worthwhile read, just be prepared to work!
22 Comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 April 2014
A truly inspirational book written by a connoisseur.
The book explains about the chemistry that takes place in our body and the patterns of thought that influence that chemistry.
The well-being of our bodies depends on the thoughts we produce.
This book took me on a journey, making me want to better myself, check my mood through the day and work on my mood in order to bring health back into my body. I strongly recommend it to all the people that want to develop an understanding of how our body-mind relationship works. The overall message is a positive one, the book being scattered with real life situations of people changing their life and health by learning to think positive and commanding their body into healing.
on 14 January 2009
I read this book 4 years ago and found it fascinating. I bought it precisely because it was written by an MD and got a very pleasant surprise and lots more than I bargained for! No prior knowledge needed, I found Quantum Healing very accessible, discussing exactly what the back cover synopisis says it does. However, if you are not prepared to consider alternative ideas many of which have been around for thousands of years (dismissed by some people as 'new age twaddle') or if you feel you cannot consider your body to be a self contained miracle whose state is very much a product of its environment then yes I would say to you, 'don't waste your money'.
on 27 November 2005
For anyone who wants to help heal themselves from any kind of ailment! An amazingly positive look on the healing processes of our bodies. I would recommend this to anyone who is ailing at the moment or those in the healing profession such as myself.
on 21 November 2015
I am doing a Bi-Aura healing course in London and it was one of the recommended books to purchase. I have found it very helpful in my studies. An excellent an explanatory book, but I found some of it hard going to read.
on 1 February 2011
It is so well structured, all explained scientifically but easy to read, it's not about mysticism or super powers. It seamlessly combines scientific theories and experiments with experiences and true stories. It just gives you so much information to help you make up your own mind on the subject.
on 3 November 2016
Chopra beautifully presents the science behind his approach to healing, a paradigm shift to the traditional western scientific method. It's a beautiful book that demonstrates how we all have within us the potential to heal ourselves through accessing the place beyond mind, the place of pure peace, joy, potentiality. He's a man of great experience in assisting people in healing themselves, and it's clear his objective has been to discover deeper truths where other scientists may have ignored the inconsistencies of the traditional model. His findings are explained with science, but not too heavy with jargon, and with a good blend of personal stories and case studies...I read the book in a few days as it was difficult to put down.
If you're ill I'd recommend you read this and also flood your brain with success stories of healing, so you can see how possible it is...actually my advice stands for everyone, not just those diagnosed with an illness.
on 6 February 2011
This book explores holistic healing. It is written by a renowned physician/philosopher and explains complex phenomena in an clearly understandable and fascinating way. The book is beautifully written - it gripped my attention, is extremely throught provoking and an exciting read. I was already a fan of Deepak Chopra, but for those readers interested in health who have not yet discovered this wonderful man and what he has to say, you are in for a treat.
on 9 November 2009
Read this book to see how modern western medicine just might not be getting the whole picture. alternative healing, no it's always been there, all you have to do is believe.
on 4 January 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed every single page of this book.
As a BA integrative humanistic counselling student I have opted to explore this area further, as I also believe we need to look inward for our solutions.