Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 July 2000
This story is written with such impecable timing and precision, flashing from character to character, bringing them, and events closer and closer to flashpoint. I could see what Jack's ultimate mission was, but it didn't detract from the suspense or tension. Make a great movie.
on 12 November 2015
I love Ben Elton books
VINE VOICEon 4 September 2004
One of the first books i read by Ben Elton. Its good! Plenty of twists to the story. I was shocked at the ending, but then its so typical of Ben Elton! Just goes to show how absorbed in the book i was! Definitely recommended.
on 14 January 2000
Not being a fan of previous novels by this author I looked upon this one with trepidation, 5 hours later I put it down - finished. Brilliantly paced with a sly twist at the end I would recommend it to anyone.
on 30 October 1999
This book is a captivating read, but it has a very weak storyline. The twist in the tale at the end is worth waiting for though. Overall an Interesting book.
on 12 July 2016
different!
on 14 January 2000
It was a good book as a whole but I have read much better from Ben Elton. There were some very predictable lines in this book which were rather old hat
on 4 March 2001
This book took me a while to get into, but when I had, I couldn't put it down. A very origional storyline encorporating love, polotics and humour.
on 20 October 1999
The story just about holds your grip, but its not until the end of the book when the pages really start flowing.