Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 11 April 2017
iF YOU ARE A READER OFTHE DRAGONS OF PERN SERIES, THIS BOOK GIVES YOU A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT SOME OF DRAGONS AND OTHER CHARACTERS YOU READ ABOUT IN THE BOOKS.
on 14 April 2015
This has to be the single geekiest book I own, and I absolutely love it. Gorgeous maps, incredible detail, a whole world to be immersed in. If you're a Pern geek I highly recommend it. Fantastic reference for the series.
on 16 July 2014
I expected this degree of quality from Fontstad, having already read the Atlas of Middle-Earth. A marvellously executed series of maps from a gifted geographer, they follow the books pretty well and the different landscapes involved in each.
on 7 July 2017
excellent value
on 6 October 2011
Being one of those 'geeks' who likes to see on paper where things are in a novel, and having found the maps in the books themselves to be lacking in detail, I was forced to try enlarging them, then adding details myself. Then I discovered this atlas! How I wish I'd found it at the beginning of my journey through the PERN books, instead of after about book 12. The detail is wonderful, the author has obviously got an affinity with the series, and has rendered the drawings with precision and care. As well as all the land masses, major 'holds' and 'wyres', there are sections in the atlas on things like population and crop distribution that I would never have thought to wonder about, and the 'threadfall' is described and illustrated much better than in the novels. Things like 'holds' and 'halls' are drawn and annotated really well, yet still allow for the reader to add the all important 'inner eye' of imagination.
My only gripe - I wish all the subsequent novels (after 1984) and their details could be incorporated into an updated version. I'd pay for that!
on 27 December 2009
Before I bought this book I didn't realise the amount of information that would be included. The detail in this book is incredible; you would think you were looking at a real world. The drawings are excellent and the information included relates what you see back to all the books published before 1984 - the indexes are very helpful also. Though you have your own mind pictures of everywhere described in the books, I think this book is a must for all fans of Pern.
review image
on 19 September 2013
It was advertised as slightly worn, It arrived with a slight bend in the top right corner of the first 20 pages, but that flattened out - Inside the pages explain the layouts, the locations and the uses of all the holds, weyrs and craftholds on the planet.
on 2 November 2013
This has a wealth of information on everything you could ever want to know about Pern and its people with heaps of fabulous illustrations.
on 9 July 2014
Anything to do with Pern I think I would like but this is great hours of fun .
on 28 April 2016
Very helpful when reading Pern books.