Customer reviews

2,007
Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 May 2017
Recommend to anyone who loves the freedom.that the sea gives you,not to judge other s without hearing both sides of what has happened. I love the description of the island of Janis the portrayal if how life was with only two And then three living there virtually in each other's pockets.

This book.made me both cry and laugh st the same time I wish you well.with this book.this is on my kindle and I can already feel the need that I will be reading it again

Thanks M
on 26 March 2017
I don't write very good reviews but can say that I enjoyed reading this, the story unfolds and is a page turner, but as it gets to its close it does not go how you'd like it to or how you think it's going to go and when I real see this I couldn't help but skim read it to the end just to say I had finished it.
on 7 September 2017
I needed to read this one for two book clubs I belong to and although I might not have chosen it otherwise, I found the storyline very compelling, and it did reduce me to tears, especially near the end - unusual for me these days. I am sure that many people will lose patience with at least two of the characters, and some will pick holes in the plot, but if truth is stranger than fiction, then fiction can be as strange as it likes.
on 24 July 2017
A friend recommended this book, knowing my preferences and I was blown away by it. Such a difficult decision to be made from the beginning following so many heartbreaks, all perfectly understandable, logical......and wrong. So much love to give and to be taken away. So many regrets. This is a beautiful story, well written and wrings your heart out.......a must read.
on 8 April 2017
Started off the first chapter thinking this book would be too simple. But the deeper layers soon revealed themselves. This book was beautifully written and really got under my skin. Felt quite sick with anxiety as the moral dilemma played out. Thinking about the book days after I finished reading it.
on 1 February 2017
Slow. Boring. Predictable. Could have been a lot more. Can't understand what all the hype was about.
on 2 July 2017
This book was picked by my bookclub, not my kind of thing really but i read it and really enjoyed it. A story of love, loss, post-natal depression, honesty, redemption. It has one story but many layers. I'm now looking forward to the film.
on 25 August 2017
Beautiful poignant story. Much better than film. Was very moved by the writing and the story stays in your mind for a long time. Definitely recommend this book.
on 3 March 2017
I'm Struggling to get into the story
on 28 August 2017
I would imagine this to be a very typical book club book. I got lost in it sometimes but generally enjoyed it except I thought the ending was a bit weak and disappointing