on 4 October 2017
This is a wonderfully entertaining 100mph book which has the strongest of narrative drives. It's a real page turner and is rich in detail and observation. A hugely entertaining read.The translation is outstanding. This is a book that will grab you from the word go and not let you go - enjoy the ride!
on 28 November 2017
Loved this book. Beautiful characters. Interesting insight into Catalonian history in the 14th century without being a heavy read. Couldn't put it down.
on 16 March 2014
The husband of a friend read this and recommended it to me. I am so glad I took him up on this, it is a lovely book. Enthralling, and in a nice writing style. Once I had finished it I gave it to my sister, who thoroughly enjoyed it too. Would pass the recommendation on to anyone, particularly if you enjoy long books. Time flies by when you get involved in this.
on 31 January 2014
This book was an Amazon suggestion when I was looking at books related to Shadow of the Wind. It really does not compare and it is OK, I tend to try and read every book to the end, but I feel my time may have been better spent on another book.
on 23 September 2010
I first read this book last year and have been recommending it as a great read ever since that time. Yes it is a translation but don't let that put you off. The story just pulls you along and I got caught up and immersed in the description of every day life. At some points the story seemed to slow down and drag but in the main a must read.

This purchase was for a friend and no doubt I will be buying the book again and again.
on 2 November 2012
This was recommended to me and I was a little doubtful. By page 2 I was into it an exciting read
with a lot of fact both male and female readers will enjoy if they like this period.
I actually bought this for someone else.
on 24 April 2014
I agree with some of the negative reviews and have found this book disappointing.
I have read two thirds of the book and will struggle to the end.
The history of Barcelona in the 14th century was fascinating at times but the author got bogged down in too
much battles that were boring.
The characters and plot were lost in the story telling.
on 2 February 2014
I liked this interesting book. The research into life in Spain at the time this story was set must have been extensive. I did enjoy this book. I hope fellow readers will also like this book.
on 21 May 2014
I bought this book, to see it was a good. Great book I am already half way through it. Good condition. Have Kindle but still like the feel of a good book.
on 7 March 2013
Did not expect such a quick arrival - very pleased with that. As described. Very happy with this purchase. Would definately recommend it.