on 5 August 2015
My 10 year old son loves Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Wolf Brother etc, Lord of the Rings, Magisterium. But says THIS is his new favourite book EVER. He just completely devoured it and came running downstairs to tell me all about the amazing setting, plot and characters. Really captured his imagination. Why haven't we heard more about this series? He's saving for book number 5. Gonna be expensive... :)
on 18 February 2014
The first books in the edge chronicles were all 5 star, but now the fourth book in the series really takes the biscuit. I stumbled across 4, 5, and 6 in my class at school, and they really intrigued me. I downloaded The Curse Of The Gloamglozer on my Kindle to see what the series was like, and believe me, I was not disappointed.

But now I've read Beyond The Deepwoods I've nearly forgot about Quint. Twig has had so many adventures and met so many new creatures I've downloaded Stormchaser immediately. In Beyond The Deepwoods Twig, adopted by a family of woodtrolls in the Deepwoods, strays from the path into a great adventure teeming with strange and deadly creatures and weird and bloodthirsty plants...
on 26 October 2015
It's a bit of a mental, no-holds barred escapade through slime filled tunnels and forests filled with toothy terminators. There's no respite for the hero and you do begin to tire of his endless misfortune. My 6-year old has also kind of lost interest. The supplier was good and the price fair. Recommended on the whole.
on 31 December 2013
I read this book and the second one back when I was 14, so around 6 years ago and it was amazing! It still is. I forgot most of it so I wanted to read them from beginning to end again and actually get past the second book so I started reading them again.

Great book and highly recommended author and book.
on 16 December 2015
I bought this for my 10 year old grandson who absolutely loves these books. He is forever reading now and says the stories are fantastic. A very good purchase. Highly recommended
on 6 July 2006
... but i did really enjoy this book. It's a non-stop set of scenes where twig always seems to get into big trouble and then get himself out of it.

The illustrations are really good and there are lots of them (one every 2 or 3 pages). The book won't take an adult long to get through but s/he will enjoy the ride.

Recommended!!
9 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2017
good present
on 26 December 2016
Book not as described, written in and stained!
on 18 November 2016
Awesome
on 25 May 2017
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse