Customer reviews

Hacker
Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 November 2017
This is a wonderful book that you just can't put down. A heart warming active story that I totally recommend you to read.
on 20 February 2015
I chose this rating a 5* because it isn't quite obvious who the culprit of the crime was until 3/4 through the book.
I loved the part where Maggie was found out for not the MAIN crime, but the crime IN school, but I disliked the part where Beth and Sebastian locked Victoria in the cellar
I would recommend this book for 9 years + because I don't think any age under that will understand much like some vocabulary or how the technology is used for.

- by a relative of this account
on 10 October 2017
After reading noughts and crosses , I thought this would be for a young adult audience. It was not. Despite the main character being 14, she thinks likes she’s 10 and the book is very unrelatable for a 14 year old. I haven’t finished the book and I don’t think I will because everytimri read it , i just cringe so hard. I would recommend this book for a 7-11 year old as a nice transition between child and adult fiction genre.
review image
on 8 April 2015
Hacker by Malorie Blackman tells the story of Victoria Gibson, a girl adopted into the Gibson family when her parents died. Her adoptive father is accused of attempting to steal one million pounds from the bank he works at. Victoria doesn't believe that he is guilty and so ,using her advanced hacking and programming skills, begins to solve the mystery of who framed her father and why, along with her brother Gibson and his friend Chaucy.

Hacker is a brilliant page Turner, so much so that I read the whole book in a few hours without putting it down. It is a great read, a great mystery and I enjoyed it so much that I didn't want it to end.
on 20 May 2017
Fast delivery excellent book. The author has my child and the whole family gripped.
on 18 August 2017
This book is one of my favourite books because its all about a mystery and GiB and Vicky have to hack into the bank to prove their dad is innocent a must buy book
on 30 June 2017
Great
on 23 March 2017
An emotional rollercoaster. So gripping that as soon as you read just a page you want to read more. A solid five stars
on 5 August 2014
I chose this rating of five stars because it is a captivating book with interesting characters and an intense storyline. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery or action, though anyone could read this book and fall in love with it!
on 8 April 2013
I have read this book twice now and I must say that it is quite frankly incredible! Malorie Blackman is a genius and a greatly admired author. This book is a masterpiece, I would say though that all of the counting stuff gets rather confusing. I am twelve and would recommend this for ten to thirteen year olds.