on 1 February 2004
Although it didn't take me long to read An Eye For An Eye, it was worth every penny I paid for it. I understand this book was a special one-off for World Book Day and as such had to be short story length but Malorie Blackman managed to put such tension and drama into a limited number of pages that I'm seriously wondering how she does it. I've now read Noughts and Crosses (one of my favourite books of all time), An Eye for an Eye and Knife Edge and I can't wait for the last one in the series. It's not exagerating or an overstatement to say that these books have changed my life. I hope Malorie Blackman never stops writing.
on 20 December 2004
This is a small but good book. It is the second book in the 'noughts and crosses series'.
Sephy is black and she is six months pregnant. The father, Callum was not only white but he was excuted.. So the baby will have a white dad and a black mum,and this is a serious issue in a world where you race matters, it could be the difference between life and death. The book is where Callum's brother ,Jude, finds Sephy and is hungagry for revenge because he belives that she was responisble for his brothers death. Little did he know that this was the night that Sephy sister, Minerva, decided to visit her. The book is only 52 pages long but those pages are filled with hatred, revenge and family loyalty.
on 3 September 2003
It seems that some other reviewers have completely missed the point of "an eye for an eye" a short book, written for world book day, malorie blackman wanted to see weather a sequel would work, she could not have written a 300 page novel for world book day. With that out of the way, you can see this short book for what it is, a wonderful little teaser that is a must read for anyone who liked the first book, and due to the ending I will definetly be getting "knife edge". This short story is gripping and exciting. Although alot shorter, when you really look at it, it has the complex storylines and actions/consequences that we all loved in the first one. At just a pound it is well worth pickingup.
on 1 March 2003
I'm not usually a fan of short stories, but when I saw this in the shop I decided that as it was a sequel to such a great book, Noughts and Crosses, I had to buy it. It only takes about half an hour to read, but despite that this is really good. I thought it was really powerful for 50 pages, and definately made me want to read the next book. It isn't a must have book as it's so short, but because it only costs £1, if you're a fan of Noughts and Crosses and can't wait for the next one, I'd reccommend you get this.
VINE VOICEon 29 May 2010
I read the Noughts and Crosses trilogy several years ago, but have only just come accross this novella.
Chronologically this one fits in between books 1 and 2 (Noughts and Crosses and Knife Edge)
It was great to go back and meet the characters again, it reminded me why I had enjoyed these books so much.
The story, though short, stands alone, a dramatic meeting between Sephy - the series heroine, her sister Minerva, and Jude - the violent brother of Callum (Sephy's dead husband and father of the child she is carrying).

This is a brilliant series, to be enjoyed by both young adults and adults.
It is particularly clever in its slant on apartheit - black is now good and whites are the lower classes.
An Eye for an Eye is a novella that was released for World Book Day in 2003 and is now out of print. The novella can also be found as an extra in the latest edition of Noughts & Crosses.

I don't really want to go into much detail about the plot as it would be too easy to spoil the story. What I will say is that I really enjoyed the way the story was told by Jude and Minerva (Callum's brother & Sephy's sister). It was nice to get to know them both a bit better and to hear their voices. I'm very curious to see which point of view we will get to see in the next installment to the series.

An Eye for an Eye gives you a dramatic insight into the months after the end of Noughts & Crosses. For a short story it packs quite a punch, it's a tale of hate, anger and fear and is impossible to put down. If you enjoyed the first book in the series then this novella is a must read, I was on the edge of my seat and can't wait to pick up Knife Edge to find out what happens next!
on 22 June 2003
I loved Noughts and Crosses, and therefore thought that I would try this book. I really did love it. It was great to get new perspectives in this book that you didn't get in the other book. It was very intense at points and made for fantastic reading.
I would definitely recommend it to everyone to read both Noughts and Crosses and An Eye for an Eye. I can't wait for the new book!
on 2 July 2014
Amazing, it arrived in good time. Yes, it was a little rough around the edges but I thought it gave it character and I much prefer second hand books. Thank you.
on 12 November 2014
Very well written and very thought provoking I'm glad I bought this book
on 6 July 2015
Malorie Blackman made me pick up the books again after so long.