Customer reviews

on 15 March 2005
I have to admit I was being shallow when I read the first book in this series. It looked gorgeous on my shelf!
Having read all 4 to date I can tell you they are amazing! A family kinda based on the Addams family and just as entertaining. This one is my favourite purely because I love the baby Damp. Damp is amazing and says the cutest things. Plus we discover in this book that she is much more than we thought she was. All the monsters are hillairous especially new mother Frup and Tock the crocodile. Pandora and titus, the main characters have some great dialogue and mrs Macclochlan is the nanny we all wished we had had as a kid.
Read this book, it is amazing and read the others you won't regret it!
on 18 September 2015
Super Fast delivery. Just how the seller described it. Perfect addition for my daughter's collection.
A very entertaining series of books.
on 24 August 2015
Love this book. The characters are hilarious and the plot is spooky and a little dark with lots of twists and turns.
on 23 August 2008
I started reading this to my children. Got three chapters in and we all decided it wasn't worth the effort.

The dialogue is stilted, the characters are best described as borrowed, the general style is over wordy, and character and place names come from the Douglas Adams school of the irritatingly unpronouncable.

There's a dragon called ffup, which is puff backwards. That's how funny it is.