on 5 July 2017
Just finished this gripping book by Andy McNab...a gripping read, perhaps not for the faint harted...dismay that anyone could experience such an ordeal of utter inhumanity which at time,words fail to describe, "illustrated "a difficult book to put down.
2 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2016
A fantastic true story which captures the courage and heroic actions of our Armed Forces. The story is fantastic in its writing and sad in its story, my upmost respect goes out to all our members of the Armed Forces both serving and retired, I myself now retire from the Armed Forces.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2018
I had misunderstood the concept of the book initially and expected more direct action similar to the original. However the
detail given with all the hardship and suffering endured by the guys beggars belief. Total respect.
One person found this helpful
on 29 April 2015
This is the second time that I have read this book. The first time was shortly after the Gulf War and I read it in a couple of days. This time has been a bit slower and also the voice in my head has a Yorkshire/Sean Bean accent having watched the televised film!

Reading this makes me realise how lucky we are that there are people willing to put themselves in harm's way in order to keep us safe.

His other non-fiction account of his life, Immediate Action, is also a good read, but I don't know about his fiction books.
on 26 June 2017
just finished reading this its the first soldier story/memoir ive read but it wont be the last, it was fantastic,it gives a real feel for some of the things our servicemen/women go threw, the endurance of the bravo two zero patrol was incredible long treking over unfavourable terrain under the enemys nose in freezing conditions battling hypothermia and enemy troops, the mental and physical strength to survive the torture they endured after being captured is also incredible, this is a must read book i couldnt put it down easy five stars
on 7 April 2018
Excellent book. I first Chris Ryans book 'the one who escaped' and then read this.
Really good book, interesting, gripping. Shows how mentally strong the SAS guys are.
on 26 August 2014
I have read this account of amazing courage and bravery three times in paperback and now this new edition in ebook, and I am still amazed at the human strength and perseverance of these guys. I have nothing but admiration for them all, the living and the dead. I only wish that one day I could meet the author and just merely shake the hand of a legend, I know this won't happen but if he ever reads any of these reviews I would like him to know that.
Many thanks Andy for giving me and many others this chance to share in yours and that of your comrades experience.
One person found this helpful
on 6 October 2016
Good book. If you have read the original then there are no great surprises in this edition in my opinion. I like mcnabs non fiction books. I don't read fictional books regards british military they are not for me.
on 19 May 2018
great product delivered quickly at a very competitive price
on 7 May 2016
Purchased this to read along side Mike Asher's book. Mike followed the footsteps of McNab's tale and comes up with a few eye openers that rubbished McNab's account of the mission.