Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 August 2017
After listening to Sir Terry Pratchett through YouTube and the BBC, I have decided to correct a wrong and begin reading all the Discworld novels. This is the first one. I was not disappointed. This is a novel of some fantastic invention. The ideas within are fantastic and Sir Terry creates some wonderful images in the imagination. He describes the Discworld, and it is an amazing thing to behold.

The adventures are great, but could appear a bit disjointed. This was not a problem for me. There are some stunning things here to keep your imagination sharpened. I think the imagination is very important. Highly recommended. I will certainly be reading more about the Discworld.
on 17 November 2015
I had never read Terry Pratchett before, assuming it was some kind of cult for teenage boys. How wrong I was. It is really funny in that surreal English way.
on 16 May 2017
an essential lesson in humour,originality and the exuberant use of the English language
on 9 March 2017
I enjoyed this book immensely the 1st time around. But having it read to me is even better. Thanks Nigel.
on 3 September 2016
I started reading this with great expectations after all the Terry Pratchett hype. I got to the end and was mildly amused on several occasions, but not enough to buy the next book in the series
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2017
Entertaining page turner. Not to everyone's liking I guess. If medieval fantasy is your thing then read it and prepare to be amused.
on 19 April 2017
Love Terry Pratchett books, these hardback editions are brill!! :)
on 29 April 2017
Interesting intro into Discworld
Not sure if I can sustain interest through the whole collection, will have to see ....
on 24 April 2017
Great fun, silly and brilliantly weird. I love the side characters and I have always wanted luggage that could walk. Now, where is my picture box?
on 11 August 2017
Never was a fan of audio books but I thought I'd give it a go. I've read the book before and loved it but having someone read it to me just wasn't the same. Maybe it's just me. The review is no reflection on the book which is fantastic as are his other books.