Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 October 1999
I enjoyed the other two books in the 'Freedom'series, this one shows how the Farmers aid the settlers in the fight against the mad Ix Mentat. As for Ann McCaffrey - I read, I stay.
on 26 February 2013
It's Anne McCaffrey what else needs said! But since I need thirteen words or more. The heroine is stranded on a strange planet after being abducted from Earth by the alien invaders. All other styles of this tale then have the hero or heroine conquer the far advanced alien race some how or other through mystic means. This book doesn't you could take the aliens out and it would be like a war between continents on earth. It is about how to survive you need to do it together as one people.
on 11 November 2011
I bought the book as a present for my mum, so I can't really rate it.
I know she was pleased and is looking forward to reading it soon.
It was quick to arrive,only a couple of days after ordering ...which is exellent
on 6 October 2014
this series started really well and just went downhill with each successive book. to keep it short, i found the ending rushed and utterly unsatisfactory, overall what can best be desribed as weak. Anne McCaffrey used to be one of my favourite authotrs but i have been going off of her for some while now, her stories seem to be getting less imaginative, her characters less well developed and her writing almost lazy and this book exemplifies all of these traits. hard to believe this came from the same mind that gave us Dragonflight.
on 6 May 2003
I read the first two books and really started to get into the overall story. It really looked to be quite promising as I could imagine all sorts of great things that could stem from what was a great storyline. I eagerly awaited the next book, even ordering the hardback vesion the moment it hit the streets....
Imagine by surprise when I finally received and read this book. I was left feeling cheated at the way that the book rushed through and how easily the 'Great Eoshi' were defeated. Many characters that were developed in the first two books were brushed aside, and I was left wondering what became of them.
All in all I got the impression that this book was rushed. Not what I expected from Anne McCaffrey at all (and I am a fan of her work). Still, I have just ordered the 4th book in the series (bit of a surprise to see a 4th to be honest). We'll see how it goes from there......
on 10 August 2000
This series has now become my favourite.I love Reading about all the characters and their challenges in the 'new world'. The fact that human nature forbids them to give up and forces them to find a way to freedom brings together everything that we are as a people. Another brilliant book from Anne McCaffrey.
on 7 February 2014
Anne McCaffrey always good to read, characters develop well and the need for acceptance and lack of prejudice a guide to everyone on how to behave to others.
on 8 May 2013
Fantastic 3rd installment of a brilliant series. The characters are engaging and the story moves at an exciting pace. I couldn't put it down.
on 12 February 2014
the whole four books in this series are pure planetary pioneering, your there in this gripping fight for survival, a scifi must read.
on 16 January 2013
the final conclusion to the catteni sequence. A very well creative ending and a teasing afterword. Wishing for much more to come!