Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 July 2017
Really good book - took it on holiday and found it hard to put down. The idea behind the book makes you think and it's a gripping story, though the technology is slightly out of date. However I would just say that I figured out the 'code' chapters earlier than these experts....
on 10 October 2014
Not the best Dan Brown (the best being, in my view, Deception Point). The underlying concept leaves you thinking 'is that really supposed to be genius?', there seem to be a lot of very important people being very incompetent (useful in prolonging the plot but hard to believe), and I could wish his female characters had more than one dimension. But it keeps you reading to the end.
on 11 December 2014
Enjoyable book but probably the least favourite of all the Dan Brown books...and I have now read them all... Good story and well written but took the first 50 pages for me to get into it and I did put it down for a few days which is unusual. Once into it, I finished and enjoyed it although it was a touch predictable. Glad it was the last DB book I read and not the first. He is still one of my favourite authors.
on 1 March 2017
I love this book! It is gripping from start to finish. The writing style and short chapters have you thinking 'ooh, just one more', 30 minutes later you will probably still be reading! A must read.
on 11 April 2016
couldn't put this kindle book down on holiday - love the way DAN BROWN writes, and plunges you into the themes of the book and the characters so quickly - it really hooks you to the end! Very enjoyable book with engaging story line.
on 22 September 2017
Yes this is possible because of the electronic ago we are living in. With so many people now being accused of hacking into government systems.
on 10 February 2014
i have received the books today and i have to say i am disappointed because the picture was very misleading. I thought the books would be in a boxed set not one book smaller then the others and placed in one cardboard box that it was delivered in. i would suggest that you make this obvious on the advertisement as this was a present for my nephew and i hoped it would be presentable as a present rather then individual books.
on 23 May 2013
If you are a fan of Dan Brown then you will already know roughly what to expect from Digital Fortress; Brown's debut novel sticks tightly to the formula that appears in his later books and is unlikely to win over those who have issues with Brown's infamous lapses in research or schizophrenic pacing (mixing intense real-time action with long and meandering exposition). However, for those who enjoy Brown's novels in spite - or maybe because - of this, Digital Fortress has a lot to offer, providing an addicting and satisfying experience that, like many of his other works, gets you thinking about possibilities even if the book has a minimal basis in reality. Unfortunately the last section of the book already comes across as being dated - as do many references to Internet and e-mail throughout the story, though these are generally easy to overlook if you look at them in the context of when the story was written - and the depiction of Seville, Spain as being a borderline third-world country is enough to leave a bad taste in some readers' mouths, but all in all these do not detract too severely from what is an enjoyable romp, and well worth a read.
on 2 April 2017
Good, well-researched if simplified storyline, but written in a style to suit the tabloid reader. Holiday reading pulp, forgettable.
on 22 April 2014
This was the final Dan Brown book I had to read, having worked my way through the others, and I was looking forward to it, because it had been recommended to me. Sadly, it didn't live up to the recommendations. I have a background in liguistics and computer science, so I expected to find it quite interesting, but I just didn't enjoy it.