Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 January 2011
A quick review - I was planning an unsupported Lands End to John O'Groats ride and found some very useful tips in here, a great book in other aspects, but rather than buy a "how to cycle tour" handbook I bought this.

Mind you it might put you off too ! it was a tough epic ride.
on 17 May 2011
Great read, couldn't put it down. Great inspiration from a truly amazing guy. Can't wait for his next book. Very well written account of his circumnavigation detailing the high and lows of an an amazing adventure and incredibly tough challenge.
on 28 July 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and found it very inspirational. Is written very well and I did not want to put it down. I am looking forward to the next book that is due out on his trip in the Americas. I would strongly recommend this book.
on 17 July 2010
I'd recommend this book to anyone with even a vague interest in cycling or in the spirit of adventure. An epic journey of sheer bloody mindedness.

I found reading about Mark's journey compelling and his book is very hard to put down.
on 10 November 2014
A great read about a great journey, bought this as I had left the same book in a taxi coming back from my holidays,and I hadn't finished reading it! Had to have it, as it is a fab true story.
on 15 September 2011
If you enjoy a good adventure you must read this book, it made me cry and made me smile. What an achievement, I wish I had a strong enough mind and body to do something like this, brilliant.
on 6 March 2012
I bought this book for my cycling mad hubby. He read it in a very short space of time and enjoyed it. He has now passed it on to one of his friends and there are others waiting to read it.
on 5 February 2016
A fairly enjoyable read, although if I were to cycle around the world I would want to take it slowly and take in the sights. It was good to read about all of the hardships and successes.
on 1 March 2015
The most inspiring book about cycling I have read this year, through ups and downs mark
Set a new world record for cycling around the world, all I can say is a great read excellent
on 21 December 2011
You don't have to be a cyclist to be inspired by this book. It's an interesting read for anyone thinking of getting off their couch and doing something different. Motivational stuff.