Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 February 2009
The Mayor of Lexington AvenueThis is a first-rate and thoroughly enjoyable novel. It has an excellent pace but there are plenty of times when you want to put the book down and ponder what you have read. The characters are solid and well drawn and the plot is well drawn. I am looking forward to his next novel.
on 12 February 2015
Absolutely loved this book. It reminded me of Grisham's early work but actually better.
It's unusual that the main character doesn't make an appearance unitl half way throught the book.
There is one passage that is some of the most poweful writing I've ever read.
I would thoroughly recommend.
on 22 February 2015
A clever and very entertaining plot with a legal theme. It began with several apparently unconnected threads which eventually came together. This was the first book by James Sheehan that I had read, but I enjoyed it very much and it certainly won't be the last!
on 13 January 2015
I read James books in reverse order and find him a master at make you care about the characters. It's awesome when I find a new author as in general I'm a very picky reader. If you like the courtroom drama with fine writing this book is for you!!
on 25 January 2014
Good court room sequences, with a good main character. However too many things fall into place too easily to enable happy endings for all the good guys. The plot was reasonable and just about enabled me to stay with it to the end.
on 3 December 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys legal thrillers. This was the first book I have read by this author and really enjoyed it. James Sheehan is a name to remember and I look forward to reading The Lawyer's Lawyer
on 26 July 2014
Can't believe I have only just found this author what a book took you on so many emotional twists and turns and had my stomach churning most of the way through it just bought the next too hope they are as good
on 9 April 2014
Fantastic read. Only discovered this author recently and thank God I did. The mayor of Lexington avenue was brilliant. Not just a story of crime but of friendship and hope. I would recommend this book to all.
on 30 December 2013
This book kept my interest throughout. The author has created interesting characters and the story unfolds at a good pace. A good first novel by this author which will lead me to read more of his books.
on 31 January 2011
This is an excellent book, very well written. When I read it I could hardly put it down and recommended it to my Wife. She also thoroughly enjoyed this book and we would recommend it to anyone.