Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 September 2017
I'm dropping in and out of the discworld series a lot this year, I've just re-read going postal, and then moved straight to Making money, i love that you don;t need to follow every book in a linear way, each little series of stories withing the whole discworld series builds its own perfectly told world, Terry Prattchett is much missed, but will live forever in these stories.
on 30 October 2007
Making money is not one of Mr Pratchett's best works - in fact it appeared rushed to cash in on the run on the Northern Rock Bank, not his usual smooth work.

I have to say I was disappointed on first reading the book, I then listened to my discs and I liked the book more. There's something about a listening to someone reading me a story that takes me back to a less stressful time (that Jackanory moment when I was a child and the troubles of the world were far, far away).

This story is not going to rank in my top twenty discworld stories but it isn't at the bottom of the list either.

It could be that the new Moist book came too soon on top of the Going Postal, that it would have been better if Mr Pratchett had returned to the Watch, or the Witches, or UU's faculty and Rincewind, or even Death, before moving back to Moist so quickly. Yet, for all its faults and similiarities to Going Postal, the Making Money story is a good one, even if it is lacking in the usual Pratchett polish.
VINE VOICEon 31 May 2017
THis book is a follow on from Going Postal. I found that it was not nearly as good as Terry ratchet's earlier books, a bit too heavy but still readable.
But then authors do change over the years.
on 10 April 2017
As much as I love listening to these books I am struggling with the reader not brining it to life as other narrators do. Sorry. Would still recommend if you love Pratchett.
on 17 May 2017
I thought I'd read all of Terry Pratchett's books, but somehow missed this one. Just as good as 'Going Postal', Moist and Adora are as fun as Captain Vimes and Granny Weatherwax. I don't know how Terry did it, but he was amazing! At least I can re-read his books.
on 18 June 2017
It's Terry Pratchett-:It's Disc World.: I've lost count of the number of times I've read the entire series and got something new from each book, each time.

If you don't posses a funny bone and don't want one- move on.
For everybody else, buy it; read it; live it.
on 25 July 2017
I absolutely adore the discworld series of books and have read and 're read many times. I cannot recommend them highly enough.
on 27 June 2017
STP at his sublime best. A wonderful, witty look through the discworld glass at life in the round world. Thanks PTerry. The turtle moves
on 21 October 2007
Pratchett always has something relevant and topical to say. Although I think that this book is below par on the humour front, I do appreciate his satirisation of our monetary systems. The predictive device that shows the extreme consequences of even small movements of money is a stroke of genius. Moist is a becoming an increasingly complex character and I look forward to his next journey into the surreal. I miss Vimes and Vetenari, the Witches and the Watch and would enjoy more of them sometime in the near future. Sigh.
on 19 July 2017
One of the best from the series