1,644

on 12 February 2006
This book was given to me as a Christmas present and as I wasn't at all aware of the author nor much about the book I very nearly didn't bother to read it...boy what a good read I would have missed.
I admit that I did find the start slow and I nearly gave up in the first few chapters but am so glad that I didn't.
Having never paid any attention to any of the contents prior to raeding this book, it really made me think about things.
Fantastic read do not miss the oppotunity to read this book if you get it. I can assure you that you'll not put it down once you are into the story.
on 3 August 2005
I have to thank Dan Brown for getting me back into books after taken some time off reading. This book is amazing and gripping, i could not put it down. It opens your eyes to a lot of beliefs and questions you on what is written in history. Its a remarkable book that kept me on edge. I have since read Angels & Demons by him and i have aslo purchased his other books. A brilliant author who goes into a lot of depth and research, though its not just about history of the Holy Grail, its about what we are taught, be it the truth or part truth.
on 25 July 2004
This is an entertaining read but I did not find it exceptional. I have read many books I liked better, But I have also read A bunch more that were certainly inferior (its all a matter of taste). I just do not get the whole craze over the book and I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has (its made Mr. Brown a wealthy man). As far as the purported historical inaccuracies of the book, I can not comment as Ido not know much of the history of this subject. If you like A good thriller adventure, take a look at "A TOURIST IN THE YUCATAN" a book that deserves better know.
on 9 July 2005
It is a stretch to say Jesus Married Mary M. And since when does DiVinci have any inside scoop? He was a talented wonderful artist, and scientist, and inventor, but he wasn't around to see Christ. Regardless, as a fictional work, this book rocks. If you are into figuring Jesus out, and why life seems opposed to what he said, I recommmend the book called, If Jesus Is So Darn Loving Then Why Is My Life In The Crapper. <--I kid you not, that is an actual book. Check it out if you don't believe me.
on 18 February 2005
This book is very well written and an excellent read. It is made up of several historical facts but there are also some untrue things placed in the book. I couldn't put the book down and would recommend it to most people. BUT!!! being lenient it is blasphemous and not lenient its downright heresy. But the actual plot is good and for non Catholics/Christians this will be an excellent read. Even Catholics/Christians can read it and enjoy the book though. So, unless you are squemish about contreversial religous stories, this is a great read.
on 3 April 2005
this book has been slammed for being too much of something, too little of something else and unrealistic eveywhere else. i disagee wholly. from the murder of the curator, to the very last chapter, i was stuck to this like superglue. the writing is the best i have read and the story as a whole is riveting and capturing. i was in anticipation of turning each next page, and would recommend this to everyone!
on 18 September 2004
Well written, but with a mixture of fact and fiction that could make one believe the fiction to be fact! There are many things in it which have been culled from other sources which have no validity. Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum" is a better read and instils the degree of scepticism in the reader which is necessary when one tries to consider the present work with any degree of seriousness. Just read it as a novel; that is all it is.
on 14 March 2005
this is one of those books that keeps you wanting more. impossible to put down and enough twists and turns to leave you breathless...
i cannot praise Brown enough. i reccommend it to you and to everybody
on 21 April 2005
Why anyone would want to write a whole book about a second rate actor is lost on me.
I do, however, like the cover of this book - which is why I bought it in the first place.
I've read this novel twice on the tube - both times over fellow passenger's shoulders. It must be an indie classic.
The fact that you can buy it in Tesco's is worrying.
on 26 April 2004
This is one of the most intelligent and gripping books I have ever read. The content was staggering and it has strengthened my resolve to visitsome of these famous works of art. I found myself checking paintings onthe internet and having heated discussions about the possibilities thatthis book provoked. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone...just beprepared to not be able to put it down until it's finished!