Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 24 June 2005
I have read about five books by Ruth Hamilton but this one I have enjoyed the most the way she betrays the barevment of the cariture Matthew and the support of his son and others was so touching I would recomend anyone to read this book I have just ordered two more ofRuths books and am looking forword to reading them
on 28 July 2015
I found it very different from the usual Ruth Hamilton ones I read, which I generally enjoy. This was so drawn out even at the beginning. I may try again at a later date. I have put down twice now and read something in between, so maybe just resign to the fact that it wasnt for me.
on 31 October 2003
An ordinary everyday life story turns to tragedy but.....The story is extraordinarily written. The author shows in depth knowledge of feelings narrated in the tale. A really page-turner.
on 5 May 2013
This was a very enjoyable book. I read it very quickly as it gets you involved in the story. I would recommend it . My age group, if this helps, is over 60.
on 26 December 2012
Matthew and Son great read as aré all Ruth Hamilton books. I come from Bolton originally and I recognise parts of Bolton.
on 8 September 2014
I enjoy all of Ruth Hamilton's books and this was her usual high standard. An engrossing and enjoyable read.
on 12 March 2011
The book came within a few days and it is nearly as new. I will definately purchase second hand again
on 24 December 2014
My wife enjoyed reading this book .. it was also good value for money
on 14 November 2014
Another wonderful book can't wait for the next book
on 13 May 2016