on 8 September 2016
Read it, it's dramatic, mysterious, humorous...and just a plain old good read. Recommended for late teens, early 20s, which is when I read the series for the first time, but now I'm in my 40s and still enjoying re-reading them.
on 2 May 2017
Brilliant storyline
on 30 July 2017
Great book
on 29 September 2017
I have the whole series and have read and re-read them. Excellent
on 25 June 2017
happy to be reading another David Eddings' book. but please read it after you complete Belgariad. I feel I am part of the family.
on 12 March 2017
This book and the previous series got me into reading! I've read both series a bunch of times and I still get hooked.
on 18 August 2014
read the series. epic all the way.
on 14 August 2014
A brilliant start to another adventure with beloved characters. Beautifully written with an exciting twist.Cannot wait to read the next instalment.
on 14 June 2015
The gang are back! I Was so glad that there was more from the characters in the Belgariad series. These series seems to carry on straight from the last book and again the child of dark and the child of light are destined to meet to decide the fate of the world. You would think that this would be boring and just a re hash of the first series but you know what? I don't care. The world that Eddings creates and the characters that he fills it with are just amazing. I find the books really easy to read and at the same time really engaging. Would recommend this series to pretty much anyone.
on 26 January 2013
This is actually one of my favourite fantasy series (together with the Belgariad). The book itself, as it was written and published in paperback form, is wonderfully written and compelling to read.
However, this Kindle e-book version has at least 10 mistakes in the first quarter of the book! This includes dropped and mashed up sentences, as well as simple typos and dropped words.
I bought this book almost 15 years ago in paperback form and have read it at least three times. I don't remember noticing any mistakes. I just repurchased it as I gave my copy to my younger brother and don't currently have a lot of space for books. I am very disappointed in the quality so far - for the price (only marginally cheaper than the paperback) I would expect a text with no, or minimal, mistakes, similar to any paperback. I will definitely hesitate to buy any more of these for Kindle, preferring to spend the extra pence for a paperback. I do hope that the price paid for a Kindle book includes updates to the text that correct mistakes. If changes are made in a timely manner then I can change my recommendation to 5 stars, as it is really an excellent book!