Customer reviews

on 4 February 2017
Nanny Ogg's Cookbook a discworld book by Terry Pratchett arrived on time and in great condition in a sealed platic envelope, for a second hand book i cant believe the condition its like a brand new book, I loved this book when it was first published and loved the recipes, but i lent my copy to friend who lost the copy and never replaced it, so when i saw this advertised for such a great price i had to buy it, and im not lending to anyone this time !!! I love the recipes and the whole book is a great fun read, i think that every kitchen should have a copy. the book is full of great recipes and will keep you amused all through the book, and Nanny Ogg's commentary on different aspects of ettiquete are brilliant and all the notes from Discworld characters are so funny and they make the book an authentic Discworld book as if published in Ankh-Morpek. I would recommend to anyone Nanny Ogg's cookbook is an alternative to normal household management and recipe books ie Mrs beeton and the Klatchian Curry was a real success and so are the sheep eyes, I have ordered another copy for my cousin whos getting married next year as its such a great book for young couples setting up home togeher 5 stars
on 19 January 2015
This book had me laughing out loud in places which as I read it in several different places was at times embarrassing at at other times greatly irritated my other half. It is not a long book. It is written by two people but they clearly know each other well as it seemed to be written by one person. I am familiar with the Disc World Nanny Ogg belongs to but I think if some one read the book without having read any of the Disc World Series they would still find it enjoyable. I read the book on my Kindle and on my IPad and found no problems with either version. The illustrations are pen and ink type drawings and skilfully done.
on 10 April 2017
Enjoyed this book, have tried some of the less "and exotic" recipies... nice gift
on 17 April 2016
My son had read a lot of terry pratchet books so it seemed only right to get this cookbook. Along with the redwall cookbook (brian jacques) they sit side by side and although not used a lot are used and encourage younger generations to learn and enjoy.
on 20 October 2014
I bought this as a gift for a friend, but have read the book years ago and it remains one of my favourites in the Discworld series. Nanny Ogg's dialogue is just so cleverly written, even if you're not intending on trying out any of the recipes you should definitely pick this book up to marvel in her brilliance, humour and true-to-life advice.
on 9 February 2014
Bought this as a Christmas present for my dad. Seeing as he likes both Pratchett and cooking I figured that I was on to a winner. Glad to be proved right. He spent most of Christmas Day and Boxing Day chuckling at Nanny Ogg's words of wisdom, and interrupting whatever everybody else was doing to read us his favourite passages.
In the short time I was there I only got to try a couple of the recipes which he insisted on having a go at, both of which went down well with all members of the family. This bodes well for the rest of the recipes in the book, even if Dad did pull a funny face at Nobby's Mum's Distressed Pudding…
All in all, a good present for the old man, but whether you're buying it for yourself or someone else, you're in for an education and a good time.
on 24 March 2013
nanny ogg [a whitch on the discworld land of anka morpork is a very diffrent whitch to what most whitches are supposed to be she likes men [and i really men LIKES] and this cook book is her way to get a man through his stomach ,and they are very diffrent recipes.worth reading even if youve never read a discworld story before very tounge in cheek , very funny and just a little bit naughty
on 6 January 2012
My son is a Terry Pratchet fan. I alawys buy him the latest Terry Pratchet book for Christmas. To surprise him this year I also bought "Nanny Ogg's" Cookbook - what a delightful book full of humour and fantastic illustrationsas well as recipes - that you can make!!! A real prize for any Terry Pratchet fan. Infact a delightful book for anyone. I would have liked to have kept it for myself.
on 13 October 2013
This is a mad little book that is well worth a read. Obviously, you will get more out of it if you cook, but some of the chapters based around social etiquette and the like, from the perspective of Witch and Discworld native Gytha 'Nanny' Ogg, are priceless.
The artwork by Paul Kidby is fantastic and hilarious, a perfect compliment to the writing, and the excerpts 'written' by other Discworld characters as well as the editors of the book etc. really round off an excellent read.

Oh...and you could even try the recipes ;)
on 27 February 2018
Good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse