Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 June 2017
Recicpient enjoyed this book.
on 9 May 2013
A very good read really enjoyed ....I especially like the ending ...will read again probably in a few years time....
on 22 May 2011
I have read all of Catherine Cookson's books, many times over the past 30 years. I love the character Fanny McBride and it's one of my favourite CC books. I love all her old books the best, the Fifteen Streets, Colour Blind, The Dwelling place. I could go on :O)
on 31 January 2015
I absolutely love this book. I think this is just about one of the best from Catherine Cookson. I am so glad that I managed to get it on my Kindle. Now I have the best of both worlds. Book form and Kindle. If you haven't read this you must.
on 14 December 2013
I read most books by Catherine Cookson years ago, and bought these books for my fifteen year old granddaughter a recent convert to 'Cookson' she thoroughly enjoys them, and when she finishes them, passes them back to me so I can read them again!!
on 17 December 2013
I love Catherine Cookson books,and usually I am unable to put them down,this one didn't grip me as her books usually do.and at times I really didn't like the main character Fanny.Nice story,but not as good as some of her other ones.
on 3 May 2016
Yes please call the
I choose this book as I had heard of the Catherine Collison collection recommend to me I had a great laugh with famous charter as funny herself . .
ny herself,
on 4 August 2013
This was the first book I read as a young woman, I enjoyed it then, but somehow reading it many years later it still won't let you put it down until the end, have the tissues ready. Love it.
on 21 December 2013
A very easy read, you could picture the scene in each chapter,very good.Wanted it to be abit longer!!!! Will have to get more of her Maey Anns books she( Fanney) is mentioned in them.
on 8 November 2012
I read this book many years ago and remembered how much I enjoyed it. I was not disappointed upon re-reading it. The characters are so alive and believable. Well worth it!