on 11 October 2017
This is more like it. Proper Discworld shenanigans! The witches are super awesome and you can really tell that Terry has got a grip now on what this world is, who the characters are and how he wants to tell the stories. It's a shame that this book relies so heavily on satirising Shakespeare and still has quite a few footnotes that reference our reality - this pulls you a bit out of the Discworld setting which I find jarring. In my memory this happens less often as the series goes on so I'm letting it slide for now ;)

Lancre is a fabulous setting and came strongly to life (literally!) in this instalment. The brief sojourn in Ankh Morpork was great too, like settling comfortably into your favourite chair. The signature Discworld-style twist at the end was great too, although it was telegraphed a little hard in this one. I think he gets more subtle with that later on.

I'm really excited now for rereading some of the later and better books in the series.
on 21 March 2017
Pratchett really hits his stride. This is the first superb discworld book. After this they just keep getting better. Also the first appearance of the classic trio of witches. Read and enjoy.
on 16 January 2016
For me, this is the weakest of the discworld books I have read so far ( I am reading them in what seems to be the most generally accepted order!) I still enjoyed it, and there were several 'laugh out loud' moments, but the story and characters didn't interest me in the way earlier books did. On to the next....
on 28 September 2017
What is there to say?
One of the best books in one of the best series in the history of human imagination.
Forget those other "wannabes" go straight to Mr P and learn what it is to be human.
on 26 July 2017
A holiday adventure for the three witches, who leave a trail of confusion behind them.Also subverting
Several well known fairy tales along the way.
on 30 May 2017
Excellent Discworld novel re-introducing Granny Weatherwax, and introducing 2 more witches. Enjoyable read.
on 14 September 2017
Can't stop reading this series. Granny Weatherwax at it's best.
on 21 August 2017
excellent love his books very funny at times
on 6 April 2017
excellent read some parts very unexpected
on 28 June 2017
Terry Pratchett at his best. Unputdownable, I laughed till I cried.