Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 September 2002
An extremely moving, absorbing and powerful true story.
Stan Telchin in answering a telephone call from his daughter Judy received the worst possible message that a Jewish father could hear from his beloved daughter. The words that revealed that she had accepted Jesus as the Messiah.
To his eternal credit, Stan Telchin did not choose the path of so many in isolating and disowning his daughter. Instead he chose the path of love and tried to fully investigate her beliefs with a clear goal of trying to systematically disprove any element of truth that Judy might have in believing Jesus to be the Jewish Messiah.
Stan's studies were in depth and lengthy. The story follows him in his goal and surrounds an extremely dramatic family story in seeking out the very roots and foundations of their Jewish faith.
Stan decided to ask himself a number of questions along his journey, such as 'can a Jew accept Jesus as the Messiah and remain a Jew'.
Five other basic questions formed the basis of his enquiries;-
1) Do I believe that God really exists ?
2) Do I believe that the Jewish Bible (The Tenach) is the divinely inspired word of God ?
3) Does this Bible prophesy about a coming Messiah ?
4) Is Jesus the Messiah ?
5) If he is, what does that do to me ?
Follow Stan Telchin as he pours over the Scriptures and the history of the Jewish people and their relationship with Christians through the ages. See how he comes to terms with the hostility of many elements of the so-called Christian church, the anti-Semitism emanating from so many, and his arrival at the Truth.
Stan, despite being the ultimate critic and with such a heart-felt agenda to restore his Jewish daughter from Christianity, finds that he too can only arrive at one decision. That being that all the Scriptures and all the prophesies can only prove one thing...Jesus is in fact who He says He is...the Messiah.
Stan's acceptance of this fact and the birth of his own Christian/Messianic faith (or however you wish to describe it) is treated with hostility by the vast majority of his Jewish 'friends' and he finds isolation and hatred amongst those who once accepted him with open arms.
This is an enthralling story. Beautifully written and can be read in one day. Do yourself a favour and get this book, irrespective of your religion or faith. Everyone could do with studying the examples of those described herein. Best wishes.
on 14 March 2010
This book contain many Biblical prophecies to back up the evidence that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. Also a very good read.
on 6 June 2016
A fantastic read for new and longstanding Christians and Jews, giving a very personal education in Jewish culture and the Scriptures that is highly enlightening & infomative.
I've bought a number of these over the years for myself and friends
on 21 January 2016
A gripping read of a genuine spiritual journey. In a wonderful flowing style the writer sensitively guides the reader to an understanding of Jewishness and how when a Jew accepts Jesus, they are not so much becoming a Christian but rather finding their own roots.
on 13 September 2013
Let me tell you a story of six years ago when I asked God a question about the Jews.

I am a born again Christian (since the age of 42) and had just seen the film, The Last Jews in Berlin, based on the true life book of the same name by Leonard Gross. Therein, we see a Jew surviving so many potentially deadly situations, so many that I thought that God might have personally intervened in saving his life. I was so moved that I asked the Lord if He would comment to me on whether the Jews have a head start over us gentiles when it comes to salvation and being allowed into heaven. I asked this because all true Christians are very aware of God's love for the Jews. I waited for His answer.

Now at that time, I was a long term member of a Pentecostal church (Stirling, Scotland) and the following Sunday, the pastor had asked me to preach. Typically, we would sing about 9-10 songs then the person preaching gets up and gives us a sermon for 45 minutes. Usually, the person preaching gives a list of the songs he wants played to the leader of the band a week in advance. The band is very accomplished and knows many, many songs and I gave him a list of 9 songs I personally liked, 5 of them were quite strongly of a new testament theme while the other 4 had a distinct Jewish flavour and they were in no specific order, a jumble of them all mixed up. My sermon had no connection to the Jews at all, indeed, I had told no one about my prayer to God a week before.

On the Sunday, I was surprised that the band leader had reorganised them into the 5 Christian songs first with the Jewish ones second. I was even more surprised that the pastor stood up after the 5th song had ended and said that she felt God saying that we were to stop singing there. Such an interruption had never happened before or after. Neither the band leader nor the pastor knew anything of my request to God the week before. Immediately, I knew that God had answered my question in His immaculate way.

His answer was that when it comes to salvation and going to heaven, there are no favourites, the same rules apply to all people. Jews have no special advantage. I felt very good about this as it shows that God is totally and completely fair. No one, by accident of birth over which we have no control (that is, race, gender, family, nationality, period of time of birth etc.), has any advantage. Therefore, an Amazonian Indian living in the 14th century had the same chance of going to heaven as a Jew born in Jerusalem in 20th century. And they had the same chance as, say, a British woman living in the 21st century. It is through Jesus Christ that salvation is totally fair for all, the Bible says: There is no longer Jew or gentile, male or female, we are all one in Jesus Christ.

I believe this to be crucial as once you die, you will go forward into eternity according to the decisions you have made in this life (there is no coming back to change your mind if you have found out you're wrong!!). Therefore, I put it to you that all people should take time out of their lives, say 6 months, to really see for themselves if Jesus' claims are true. His main claim is that He is the one and only way to God the father in heaven. The New Testament revolves around this truth.

Jeremiah showed us the heart of God to ordinary people (Jeremiah 29:13-14) that if you seek God (not a religion!) with all your heart, you will meet Him. Jesus said exactly the same thing in John 14:21 where He promised to reveal Himself personally (one to one) to anyone who seeks Him. Have the courage to sit down and slowly read the New Testament and ask God to reveal to you divinely if Jesus really is the way. Our God will therefore be with you all the way.

Simon Forth
on 22 November 2011
Stan Telchin writes of his own exploration of the Christian faith when his daughter became a Christian. Initially shocked by what his daughter had done he wanted to be able to logically reason that she was totally wrong. However, he starts seeing the links between the Torah and the Bible and the need to accept Jesus as the Messiah. The book was very readable. Over the years I have given away a number of copies to Jewish people with enquiring minds, or Christians who wanted a simple insight into the Jewish/Christian tradition.
on 29 June 2015
This is an amazing story of the grace and power of God. A Jewish girl comes to believe that Jesus is their promised Messiah. Betrayal was not the final feeling of the family as they all, quite independently, came to believe too.
on 20 June 2012
This was a good book to take on holiday of one woman's journey to find the truth. Well written and easy to read I couldn't put it down.
on 27 May 2011
Read this book years ago.Easy to read . Found this memoir encouraging and helpful, both from a Christian point of view and for anyone searching for the truth.
on 14 July 2015
This is one of the best truthful books I have read regarding God's sovereign saving grace which flooded the whole family at a perfect and mutual time for all of them. I was brought to tears.