on 24 August 2012
Disappointing becasue it is described as Chambers Paperback Dictionary so I thougfht this was soft-back version of the standard edition. It was in essence a convenient pocket style size. An excellent dictionary but a bit misleading in the description. WD.
on 28 October 2013
I was reluctant to buy another dictionary, as I have a few already. However, this was recommended for a course I am on, and as it wasn't expensive, and my other dictionaries are older now, I bought this one. It's really quite handy, with good information at the beginning on how to use the dictionary, which is actually a good thing to read. Also, there is a section in the middle of the dictionary, A guide to effective writing, which is very good and packed with good advice. Definitely a good dictionary to buy, especially for the price.
on 28 May 2013
Good enough for schoolkids, bur I wanted it for doing crosswords so found it wasn't detailed enough. Arrived quickly and in very good condition.
on 24 October 2012
I love words, the English language etc., and sometimes I go looking up a word then find myself reading the dictionary. Well, this one isn't quite like that. It's concise, makes sure I've spelled the word properly (it's important lol); I can't find very much else to say about it really. I'm not often lost for words but on this occasion I think I am. The paper isn't very good; however, I would recommend the dictionary as it's a good price.
on 11 April 2015
This dictionary has no "A" section at all. Starts at page 39.
It is a misprinted run off which you are selling at a give away price.
Wonder why ?
on 26 April 2013
this dictionary is ideal for crosswords,the sensible size makes it easy to use.It is full of useful information which cannot be easily sourced elsewhere.
on 10 February 2014
This is the recommended dictionary for my creative writing course. After flicking through it, I can see why it has been chosen.
on 26 June 2016
We have always had a Chamber dictionary at home. The last one was donated to a school in Zimbabwe before we returned to UK
on 2 May 2016
Not as good as our old one which got "lost". Not so in depth.
on 29 January 2016
Good service but the dictionary is disappointing