on 24 August 2012
Disappointing becasue it is described as Chambers Paperback Dictionary so I thougfht this was soft-back version of the standard edition. It was in essence a convenient pocket style size. An excellent dictionary but a bit misleading in the description. WD.
on 23 October 2016
this was a small paperback edition. I was looking to replace a much larger paperback edition. Unfortunately there was no size detail on the website from which I purchased it. I was not aware that this small version existed.
review image
on 28 October 2013
I was reluctant to buy another dictionary, as I have a few already. However, this was recommended for a course I am on, and as it wasn't expensive, and my other dictionaries are older now, I bought this one. It's really quite handy, with good information at the beginning on how to use the dictionary, which is actually a good thing to read. Also, there is a section in the middle of the dictionary, A guide to effective writing, which is very good and packed with good advice. Definitely a good dictionary to buy, especially for the price.
on 27 April 2017
Being an avid Times Crossword solver ( not always able to finish it though!), I find it an excellent reference book generally. I was amazed, though, a couple of weeks or so ago, to find two solutions which were not in the dictionary. Unfortunately I cannot remember them! Otherwise an excellent book, good value.
on 27 May 2017
Good
on 26 April 2013
this dictionary is ideal for crosswords,the sensible size makes it easy to use.It is full of useful information which cannot be easily sourced elsewhere.
on 24 October 2012
I love words, the English language etc., and sometimes I go looking up a word then find myself reading the dictionary. Well, this one isn't quite like that. It's concise, makes sure I've spelled the word properly (it's important lol); I can't find very much else to say about it really. I'm not often lost for words but on this occasion I think I am. The paper isn't very good; however, I would recommend the dictionary as it's a good price.
on 14 May 2017
Amazon seem to think I wish to return this dictionary. But I am well pleased with it.
on 28 May 2013
Good enough for schoolkids, bur I wanted it for doing crosswords so found it wasn't detailed enough. Arrived quickly and in very good condition.
on 11 April 2015
This dictionary has no "A" section at all. Starts at page 39.
It is a misprinted run off which you are selling at a give away price.
Wonder why ?