Customer reviews

on 15 September 2017
Good.
on 9 November 2009
I purchased this to replace my battered prevous edition.This has many more categories and is about as comprehensive as it gets!I think I have spent too long finding all the different parts I just hope I can remember where they all are!
on 5 July 2010
This is an excellent reference book and a must for all crossword solvers and quiz fanatics! I could not live without it in my bookcase! A very useful Christmas or birthday present for friends or relatives. My brother, partner and I all swear by it. The different lists in the book are really amazing - no not amazon but amazing! Not much of a pun I'm afraid! No lists of puns in the book!
on 23 January 2010
This book was purchased to complement another Chambers Crossword publication with the same high expectations. In some respects, it does what it says on the cover, namely providing lists under various headings in an effort to suggest the correct solution. Unfortunately this reference is nowhere near as good as a much older tome in my posession, therefore almost becoming redundant before being used! On the positive side, it is clearly laid out and I suppose there is no such thing as having too many aides for solving the more complex crossword. A useful addition to the bookshelf but hardly the must-have that is suggested by the product overview.
on 9 September 2011
Very comrehensive indeed. Easy to locate the subject matter once you have become familiar with the system, which doesn't take long. A worthy purchase.
on 22 November 2012
This is a great companion to the Chambers Crossword Dictionary and is easy to use. The layout is extremely helpful and if you can't find what you are looking for under one heading it points you in the direction of associated lists. I have solved a number of cryptic clues with this book particularly with clues where place names,flowers, rivers and places in foreign countries are the answers.
on 5 February 2014
Delivered promptly and well wrapped. Its a Chambers crossword list book,what else is there to say.! Several categories in it which aren't in the edition I have so glad I bought it.
on 15 January 2013
This book I would definitly recommend to others interested in crossword puzzle solving as it contains so many items needed.
on 24 September 2012
I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY FOR THE REVIEW THE BOOK IS USEFUL WHEN SOLVING CROSSWORDS AND I PURCHASED IT FOR THAT REASON
on 30 November 2014
This was ordered to replace an older version a bit disappointed that many of the lists have not been updated