on 2 October 2015
My elderly mother loved the previous Chambers editions for helping her finish crosswords. The last one fell apart from so much use. Waited patiently for this new edition to come out - only to find they have shrunk it. Smaller, compact book, and MUCH smaller print. My poor mother can't read it even with her magnifying glass. It must be near a 6 ish size font. It's been sent back and we'll find something else. 😔
25 people found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse
on 2 October 2015
Print too small to read.
17 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2016
I would have given it 5 stars had it been bigger than previous editions but saying that it's still a handy reference tool for lovers of cryptic crosswords. I keep finding helpful answers for the tricky 4 or 5 letter clues that would otherwise prevent me from completing the crossword. Call time (4) answer: term. I was stumped. Thank you Chambers. Still a required reference book for most word puzzles especially the cryptics
3 people found this helpful
on 7 November 2017
For anyone who doesn't know what exactly a crossword dictionary is, here's a pic
review image
4 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2017
So nice to have a REAL book in my hands again as opposed to the softback format which is unsuited to a volume of this size. My 10-year old softback died. This is a delightful replacement. I read complaints about print size. Not true.
One person found this helpful
on 26 May 2017
Text much smaller than my previous soft back edition.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2017
Bought to replace my old Chambers crossword dictionary which has fallen to pieces after much use. Just as good as old one and no problem with reading the print even though my eyesight not so good now. Pleased with my purchase and highly recommend.
One person found this helpful
on 10 November 2015
Excellent book, very helpful with the toughies.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 June 2018
poor to average
on 26 October 2016
Very good although print is on the small side. Layout not as good as first edition which had fallen apart with use but still good.