Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 September 2014
Finally book six arrives. It feels like a long wait for this volume and with two years between it would have benefitted from a basic "the story so far" blurb but I settled back into the story fairly quickly. The plot is piquing at this point and we have the first resolution within this intricate quest fantasy. The main characters have developed and progressed so much since we first met them. Kibuishi gives the story real emotion by allowing characters to perish in the act of duty or as inevitable retribution but we also see the return of characters set aside a few books ago which always brings delight when there is a lovable recurring cast. The art, as always with this series, is stunning and almost seems ready for big screen. Great addition to the middle grade quest fantasy series.
on 26 August 2014
This comic book is the sixth in a series and the first that I have read. Despite not knowing the previous stories, it was engaging and interesting.

The art is black-and-white and, because this is an unedited copy, most of the line drawings and backgrounds have not been filled yet.

It’s action-packed from beginning to end with parallel stories highlighting what is happening to the various characters. There are many characters but, with the unedited version, it is sometimes difficult to recognise which one is which. Navin, Ally, Emily, Vigo, Max all figure prominently.

Entertaining comic story – now I suppose that I’ll have to read the preceding five chapters!.
on 12 September 2014
One of the most exciting books ever. Going to pre-order the next one now
I highly recommend reading this and all the other books in the series. I could not put it down
on 10 February 2015
my 12 year old dyslexic son loves these books and finishes them in 2 nights, so I am glad he is reading and enjoying books.
on 22 December 2014
No words just stare and drool, fantastic work from Kazu like always. The only problem is the wait between books 0x0 XDD
on 15 September 2014
Cool cool cool cool worth buying if u have read the others of course l l l l l l
on 12 March 2015
My daughter 10 years old loves this, and I enjoyed as well.