Format: Library Binding|Change

on 7 February 2009
I have purchased this book for the Creative Writing degree I am taking. It is an excellent example of good non-fiction writing for children.
I found it a child friendly introduction to Anne Frank and a top class adaptation of the diary.
The illustrations are very effective and I would recommend history teachers at KS2 to look at this version.
on 2 December 2012
I purchased this book to add to my collection of children's books for my primary education degree. The book itself is children-friendly but it is more suitable for KS2 children (due to the nature of the story). The illustrations in the book are absolutely stunning and compliment the story beautifully.

I am sure I will be using this whilst doing my teaching placements in KS2 as well as my future classroom. I would definitely recommend this for other trainee teachers as well as upper KS2 teachers.
on 13 January 2015
I bought a class set of these for use with my P7 class. I have used it several times, and have found it to be a useful introduction to the topic of the Holocaust. This is what some P7 pupils had to say:
"At first we thought that this book was going to be a bit babyish, but we soon realised that it had lots of information about Anne Frank's life and how she lived it. The illustrations were very detailed and realistic, and we were able to have lots of discussions. The cover made us wonder what the yellow stars were for and what the writing meant. It inspired us to read Anne's diary, and was a great introduction to its background. We used the information in the book (along with other sources) to create a timeline of Anne's life, and were also inspired to create our own works of art and pieces of writing. We would recommend this to P5 -P7 pupils and think adults might like it too.
on 20 November 2012
This book has wonderful pictures and is a fantastic resource to use in the classroom.

The story is written in a child-friendly manner and is easily understood. The illustrations are excellent and thoroughly compliment the book.
on 3 January 2013
The story of Anne Frank brought to life in an engaging way for primary age children. I used this with Y5/6 children but would also use with lower KS2
on 2 July 2013
This is an excellent book for children to begin to understand the horrors of the holocaust and the story of Anne Frank. The illustrations are hauntingly beautiful.
on 21 March 2013
Great introduction to the story for a younger child. It allows to open a discussion without going too much in depth at an early stage.
on 29 April 2016