VINE VOICEon 26 February 2014
Well I hope so! Because whilst a sat-nav will probably get you there, you have no idea where "there" is, unless you look at a map, and for our planned road trip, we needed to see where "there" was, and how far from somewhere else it was, and what open houses, national parks etc were near.

Beautifully detailed map with a nice style. It has helped a lot in the planning our our holiday, and I'm sure will help when we are on the road. I did see a comment on another review that these Rand McNally maps were rather thin paper and they wore on the creases pretty quickly - well Duh! - yes, they are paper, and yes, the paper is quite thin, but this is not a map you are going to use for life, is it? Even we update our bound road atlas for the car every 2-3 years!

For a holiday planner and traveller, this is just the ticket.
on 11 October 2012
A good map of South Carolina which we found very useful touring the area. It supplemented our satnav and made planning easy. Nice to use, good coverage and not expensive. We got it in the post in just a few days, well within the time stated.
on 21 October 2016
Very low detail considering the size and scale of the map. Lots of white space in between the main roads which could have been filled with minor roads and other details. All rather disappointing and I won't be buying any more of these for the other states I'm visiting.
review image
on 4 November 2013
As clear as map can be for USA. However let down by the paper disintegrating after only 2 weeks use. I don't handle things roughly so was disappointed it was tearing at the folds.
on 13 December 2016
Used on a trip around the Carolinas. Easy to use, clear and has all the relevant signs and symbols
on 31 July 2015
as described, paper a little thin would definitely tear easily.
on 10 June 2015
Not enough detail on smaller roads and junctions
on 9 October 2014
Good back up with sat nav.
on 5 November 2016