Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now

As a person who is a mere generation removed from that of William Shatner, I was thrilled that this book 'spoke' to me. From the wonderful cover photo to the very last sentence, I could not put this book down. In fact, I read it over the short span of two evenings.

A funny yet simultaneously serious look at life, Shatner Rules has me at last understanding the concept behind self-promotion. NOTE: As a writer myself, I've never been comfortable with promoting my work. Thanks to Bill Shatner, that has changed.

Throughout the stories and anecdotes this reader came away with the intended message: Say yes to opportunity because it may lead to something better. That happened frequently for Mr. Shatner and reading about it made for great entertainment. There were many places where I had to simply read passages aloud for my husband. My favorite story is of the William Shatner Thanksgiving Blowout!

Thank you Mr. Shatner for such an entertaining book and for teaching this reviewer the secret behind Saying Yes!
on 8 November 2016
As a Star Trek fan, I’ve admired the work of William Shatner for a long time. It’s not just his portrayal of Captain Kirk in Star Trek TV series and subsequent movies, but other roles too, including the superb Deny Crane in Boston Legal.

Shatner Rules is an eccentric look back at his life intermixed with his personal philosophies. He covers a wide range of subjects ranging from his light-hearted appearance in the Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner to more hard hitting subjects such as his on-going faud with George Takei and also the death of his former wife. There's a lot of variety here.

If you are looking for a book that primarily focuses on Star Trek then this book is not for you. Try the excellent Star Trek Memories instead. This book is a more broader, witty and intelligent insight from Shatner on his life experiences.

Verdict: Wonderfully witty dollop of the genius that is William Shatner I loved this book. I bought the audible version so I could listen during long car journeys. Shatner’s delivery in the audio version was top class. Loved it.
on 19 January 2012
Please don't get me wrong - I adored Shatner's previous book 'Up til Now' which was all over the place but so entertaining, but this seems quite bitter in places and spoilt the light touch that he generally has.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 10 April 2015
This book was a true joy to read. I wasn’t even suppose to read, my plan was just to check in the first chapter but I was hooked, line and sinker. It was a quick read; it was both easy written and so funny that I couldn’t stop reading. Star Trek is kind of a big thing in America (see image below)

William Shatner is and always will be (I almost quoted the wrath of khan) best known for roll of Captain Kirk. If you want a deep biography about Shatner and Star Trek, this isn’t the book for you, then you should read Star Trek Memories and/or Star Trek Movie Memories. But if you want a couple of hour of entertainment, then this book is for you!
on 30 November 2011
I bought the book and loved the style and great humour involved in it. Getting the cd was a brilliant idea so I can lighten the boredam on some of my longer journeys for work. Highly recommended.
on 1 February 2016
Read by William Shatner, this book is a must. I love his sense of humor and his acerbic asides make it even funnier.
I enjoyed the audiobook so much I bought the book!
Brilliant!
on 3 November 2016
Bought as a present for a friend, he loved it. I'll have to borrow it soon and give it a blast.
on 20 November 2014
Excellent, this is mr shatner at his very best
on 13 August 2016
Love Shatner .He can do no wrong in my eyes.
on 26 May 2016